- All applicants must be in good academic standing, attending undergraduate courses in the Fall Semester, and have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants must be in good judicial standing.
- Applicants must demonstrate campus involvement, good customer service skills, and knowledge about the university.
- The ability to work as a team leader.
- The ability to adapt to new situations.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Show Charger Pride
- Please Note: You cannot be an Orientation Leader or Resident Assistant to apply for this position.
- Be a leader at all Week of Welcome events – get people excited, set the tone, encourage participation, and HAVE FUN!
- Assist in the preparation for Week of Welcome, which will require you to move-in (if you are an on-campus resident) early.
- Welcome guests with a smile. This includes swiping Charger ID’s, handing out t-shirts and giveaways, and answering all questions.
- Announce winners of prizes during Tradition Events.
- Share knowledge about campus and available resources.
- Show school spirit at all times – you are the face of the University during these nine days, even when you are not technically working.
- Communicate with the team, new and returning students, event sponsors, and WOW Committee members.
- Assist with WOW recruitment and marketing (i.e. door knocking, announcing in class, hanging up posters/display boards, painting the UAH sign, chalking, etc.).
- Assist with set-up and clean-up at WOW Tradition Events.
- Work as a team and motivate each other.
- Meet new people at every event!
- The opportunity to meet new students and make an impact on their first week on campus
- Gain and develop leadership skills
- WOW Apparel
- $200 Stipend
- No additional charge to move in early (for on-campus residents)
- Opportunity for rehire for Spring Week of Welcome (additional $100 Stipend)
Interviews will be held March 17-2014.
- Hits: 4593