- Must be available throughout the 2014 summer to attend all meetings
- Co-advise the Student Homecoming Committee with the Assistant Director for Student Life
- Assist in the creation of the Homecoming Information Packet
- Manage the Homecoming website and social media
- Responsible for t-shirt and promotional items
Homecoming Charger Court Coordinator
- Coordinate outreach to student organizations
- Oversee marketing and advertisements for the Charger Court
- Assist with reviewing the applications and interviews
- Manage the court interview schedule
- Plan, organize and attend meetings/events for the court, including the Homecoming Kick-Off, Charger Stomp, Homecoming Parade, Midnight Madness practice, etc.
Campus Outreach Coordinator (2)
- Oversee the creation of all Homecoming marketing materials and advertisements
- Assist the Homecoming Chair with managing social media and website updates
- Distribute marketing and advertisements materials to students, faculty, staff, and administration
- Coordinate volunteers to be at all events, including the Student Homecoming Committee
- Submit all items to Charger Student News and the Student Events Calendar
- Organize outreach, including painting the UAH sign, hanging posters, chalking, etc.
Community Outreach Coordinator (2)
- Organize outreach to community partners, including communicating via email, phone, and in-person visits
- Manage marketing on community calendars, websites, etc.
- Collaborate with the Parade Coordinator to invite community sponsors and vendors to participate in and/or attend the Homecoming Parade
- Promote the events open to the community by distributing flyers to local businesses
- Work directly with the Alumni Relations office to invite alumni back to campus
Parade Coordinator (2)
- Organize and plan the preparation and registration for the Homecoming Parade
- Work with UAH Facilities and Campus Police to plan the parade route and request security
- Communicate with all participants in the parade
- Serve as a point person for route set-up and management
- Assist with check-in, line-up, and parade direction/timing
- Coordinate the judges for the parade float competition
Athletic Events Coordinator
- Be the liaison between the Homecoming Committee and Athletics
- Assist Blue Crew (if needed) to promote all games scheduled for Homecoming Week and the implementation of Midnight Madness
- Communicate directly with the Student Athlete Advisory Committee in regards to the Dodgeball Tournament event
- Preferred Blue Crew member, but not required
Spirit and Competition Coordinator
- Plan and implement the Homecoming Kick-Off Event
- Assist Alumni Relations with Paint the Town Blue planning and implementation
- Record and track award winners at events and participation points for student organizations
- Announce the award winners at the Homecoming Tailgate
- Design and order plaques, awards, and certificates
- All applicants must be in good academic standing, attending undergraduate courses in the Fall Semester, and have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants must be in good judicial standing.
- Applicants must demonstrate campus involvement, good customer service skills, and knowledge about the university.
- The ability to work as a team leader.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication and public speaking skills.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Show Charger Pride!
Apply Here - Due April 17, 2014
Qualified applicants will be interviews April 21-22, 2014
- Hits: 3678