A Peer Mentor (PM) assists first-year students in their transition from high school to UAH by providing support and guidance. This is accomplished by the Peer Mentor actively participating in both the Fall and Spring semesters. Throughout the year, the focus will be building a relationship with their assigned first year mentee and through attending events and meetings. LEAP focuses on all aspects of adjustment: social, academic and mental wellness.
By becoming a Peer Mentor, student leaders will help to guide our next generation of UAH Chargers. Mentoring is a rewarding experience for all those involved. The relationship that is formed between the mentor and the person being mentored is built on trust, respect and the common goal of bettering one’s ability to succeed. Mentors will also receive access to great training topics and professional development opportunities.
Interested in being a PM?
- Full-Time Student enrolled at UAH
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Remain in good standing with the University
- Currently involved in various campus life activities
- A resume is required (first-year students can reference actvities/service done in high school as well as UAH)