Registered Student Organizations (RSO) at UAHuntsville provide opportunities to explore interests, foster relationships, establish leadership traits and learn about themselves and others while enhancing the academic mission of the University.
Involvement in student organizations allow students to develop skills that help prepare them for their career and civic responsibilities beyond the University.
Existing RSO's are required to re-register each September for the current academic year through The Office of Student Activities. Applications for new student organizations will be accepted on a rolling basis.
In order to qualify as a Registered Student Organization, all organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Each student organization must have a minimum of 5 student members.
- All members must be currently enrolled students at UAHuntsville
- Each student organization must have a faculty or staff advisor
- Each student organization must have at least 3 officers
- Officers must be fulltime students (enrolled in 12 hours as Undergraduate; 9 hours as Graduate)
- Officers must be in good academic and social standing with the University.
- Each student organization must have an approved constitution (sample can be found here) with the following:
- A purpose statement
- The University of Alabama in Huntsville student organizations Non-Discrimination Policy
- Officer election and removal procedures
- Quorum standards (percentage of members necessary to conduct business)
- A process for making amendments to the constitution
- Within 30 days of organization receiving recognition, a complete roster of members must be submitted to the Office of Student Activities.
- Hits: 3334