Since its inception in 1992, the Staff Senate has served as a voice for the UAH staff community to bring forth improvements in employee policies and procedures, employee benefits and initiating events that recognize the dedication, contributions and commitment of UAH staff members.
- Originated UAH Foundation Annual Staff Awards that recognize outstanding staff achievements and contributions to the university
- Restructured employee benefits committee to include equal representation for Staff Senate and Faculty Senate
- Increased training and development opportunities for UAH staff
- Provide lunch hour seminars for personal and professional development
- Encouraged the development of emergency plans for each building on campus
- Encouraged the concept to install emergency sirens on campus
- Helped the university in several major transitions - from quarterly to semester grading periods and from a monthly to a bi-weekly payroll
- Instrumental in promoting a political action committee for the university as well as the entire University of Alabama System
Tell us how we can better serve the UAH staff community. Send your suggestions, opinions and feedback regarding Staff Senate activities to the Staff Forum.
- Hits: 1023