Exploratory Advising is a service offered by the Student Success Center that is available to any undergraduate student who wants or needs to explore their options.
Exploratory Advising serves all students who are undecided on a major and college. It can also be helpful for students who are unsure about their choice of major.
Exploratory Advisors provide a safe and supportive environment for self- and major-exploration, with the goal of empowering students to make informed and confident decisions about the future.
Appointments can be made here or in person in the first floor north wing of the Library. Call 256.824.2478 for further information.
Get started on your own!
- FOCUS 2 and the Strong Interest Inventory are available for anyone wanting to do some exploration into their interests and possibilities.
- FOCUS 2 guides you through an interactive process providing options based on your interests, values, and personality. It is an effective tool to help you navigate through your academic career and plan for your future.
- For FOCUS 2, log in with your UAH email address. Your passcode is chargers. First time users click here. Returning user click here.
- You can bring ideas or questions about FOCUS 2 to an Exploratory Advisor here in the Student Success Center.
- The Strong Interest Inventory is available through Exploratory Advising in the Student Success Center. Walk in between 9 am and 4 pm. It takes about 30 minutes. Make a return appointment with an Academic Counselor for an in-depth interpretation and discussion of options and opportunities available to you.
The mission of the Exploratory Advising Program is to enrich the lives of students by providing a place for open dialogue, offering guidance based on the strengths and interests of each individual we serve, and assisting with finding direction as students move toward success at UAH and beyond.