Exploratory Advising is a service offered by the Student Success Center that is available to any undergraduate student who want or need to explore their options.
Exploratory Advising can be especially helpful for students who are:
- undecided on a major
- struggling with the academic requirements of their major
- unsure about their choice of major
Exploratory Advisors provide a safe and supportive environment for self- and major-exploration, with the goal of empowering students to make informed and confident decisions about the future. Exploratory Advising is a supplemental service and does not replace the advising services offered in your assigned college.
Appointments can be made online or in person in Madison Hall 111. Call 256.824.4581 for further information.
Want to get started on your own?
- FOCUS 2 and the Strong Interest Inventory are available for anyone wanting to do some exploration into their interests and possibilities.
- FOCUS 2 guides you through an interactive process providing options based on your interests, values, and personality. It is an effective tool to help you navigate through your academic career and plan for your future.
- For FOCUS 2, log in with your UAH email address. Your passcode is chargers.
- You can bring ideas or questions about FOCUS 2 when you meet with your Exploratory Advisor.
- The Strong Interest Inventory is available in the Academic Coaching & Advising Office in MDH 111. Walk in between 9 am and 4 pm. It takes about 30 minutes. Make a return appointment with an Academic Counselor for an in-depth interpretation and discussion of options and opportunities available to you.
The mission of the Exploratory Advising Program is to enrich the lives of students by providing a place for open dialogue, offering guidance based on the strengths and interests of each individual we serve, and assisting with finding direction as students move toward success at UAH and beyond.