The Dr. Karen A. Ames Fellowship for Women in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematical Sciences of the University of Alabama in Huntsville is pleased to announce the Dr. Karen A. Ames Fellowship for Women in Mathematics.
The holder of the Ames fellowship will receive:
- Full tuition and fees for up to 10 hours during each semester of the academic year.
- A stipend of $10,000 during the academic year.
- The university provides health insurance for the academic year.
- Summer support in the form of a teaching assistantship will be available for the following summer term.
- Continuation of the fellowship is possible.
To be considered for the Ames award, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a woman.
- Be admitted into the mathematics program at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (or be in the process of applying for admission).
The Department intends to award the Ames Fellowship to a qualified student beginning her graduate studies in mathematics at the University of Alabama in Huntsville during the Fall of 2011. Preference will be given to applicants from the Southeastern states. All applicants for support who are identified as meeting the above criteria will automatically be considered. To ensure consideration, please include a note with your application stating your interest in the Ames Fellowship, or send an email to the Graduate Mathematics Coordinator, Prof. Howell, stating your interest.
- Hits: 515