Dr. Peter M. Gibson
- Office: 201L Shelby Center
- Voice: (256) 824-2223
- Fax: (256) 824-6173
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Areas of Expertise
- linear algebra
- combinatorial matrix theory
- sign-nonsingular matrices
- nonnegative matrices
- Pascal matrices
- Eigenvalues of Hadamard powers of large symmetric Pascal matrices, Linear Algebra and It's Applications, 405 (2005), 60--66 (with A. Ashrafi)
- An involutory Pascal matrix, Linear Algebra and It's Applications, 387 (2004), 277--286 (with A. Ashrafi)
- Column Orthogonal (0,1,-1)-Matrices, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, 45 (1999), 291--316 (with G.H. Zhang).
- Combinatorially Orthogonal Matrices and Related Graphs, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 282 (1998), 83--95 (with G.H. Zhang).
- Sign-Nonsingular Skew-Symmetric Matrices with the Most Nonzero Entries, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 244 (1996), 97-109.
- Sign-Nonsingular Skew-Symmetric Matrices, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 240 (1996), 207-229
Professor Gibson has his Bachelor's, Master's and Ph.D. degrees from North Carolina State University. He has been a member of the UAH faculty since 1967, and served as department chairman from 1985 to 1993. Prior to joining UAH, he held appointments on the applied mathematics staff at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory and in the mathematics department at North Carolina State University. He has also had visiting appointments in the mathematics department at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and in the Institute for Mathematics and its Applications at the University of Minnesota. Professor Gibson has directed the research of one Ph.D. student (D.K. Baxter) and several Master's students.
- Hits: 682