MA 120, Calculus with Applications
Course Description and Goals
This course is a survey of calculus and its applications, primarily intended for students in administrative science. Topics include
- basic concepts and techniques of differential calculus
- basic concepts and techniques of integral calculus
- the fundamental theorem of caclulus
- families of functions, including algebraic, exponential, and logarithmic
- an introduction to multivariate calculus
The goals of the course include
- a basic understanding of the special language, notation, and point of view of calculus
- the ability to solve basic computational problems involving derivatives and integrals
- a basic understanding of the fundamental theorem of calculus
- the ability to model and solve basic applied problems, particularly those arising in administrative science
- an improved ability to read, write, speak, and think in mathematical terms
Alabama General Studies Curriculum
MA 120 is an AGSC approved course. The standard AGSC number is Math 120.
MA 107 or MA 110 or MA 112 with a grade of C or better, or placement.
3 Semester Hours
This course is graded A, B, C, D, F. The grade typically depends on a combination of class tests, homework, quizzes, and a comprehensive final exam.
- Hits: 1091