Dr. Jia Li
Professor and Department Chair
- Office: 258A Shelby Center
- Voice: (256) 824-6470
- Fax: (256) 824-6173
- E Mail: email@example.com
- Ph.D. (Math) University of Tennessee, 1987
- M.S. (Applied Math) Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 1981
- Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations, Difference Equations, Population Dynamics, Dynamics of Infectious Diseases, Environmental Modeling and Analysis, and Mathematical Ecology
- 2005 - present, Chair, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Alabama in Huntsville
- 2000 - present, Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Alabama in Huntsville
- 2001 Spring, Visiting Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, Xian Jiaotong University
- 1996 Summer, Visiting Associate Professor, Biometrics Unit, Cornell University
- 1995 - 2000, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Alabama in Huntsville
- 1993, Visiting Scientist and Visiting Assistant Professor, Biometrics Unit, Center for Applied Mathematics, and Mathematical Science Institute, Cornell University
- 1992 - 2011, Consultant/Affiliate, Mathematical Modeling and Analysis Group, Theoretical Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- 1990 - 1995, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Alabama in Huntsville
- 1989 - 1991, Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Nonlinear Studies, Theoretical Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- 1988 - 1989, Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of Arizona
- 1987 - 1988, Postdoctoral Research Associate and Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of Tennessee
- Associate Editor, Annals of Differential Equations
- Associate Editor, Journal of Biological Dynamics
- Associate Editor, Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering
Selected Recent Publications
- Simple discrete-time malarial models, J. Diff. Eqns. Appl., 19 (2013), 649-666.
- Discrete-time models with mosquitoes carrying genetically-modified bacteria, Math. Biosci., 240 (2012), 35-44.
- Mosquito-stage-structured malaria models and their global dynamics, SIAM J. Appl. Math., 72 (2012), 1223-1237, (with Shangbing Ai and Junliang Lu).
- Modeling of transgenic mosquitoes and impact on malaria transmission, J. Biol. Dyn., 5 (2011), 474-494.
- Malaria model with stage-structured mosquitoes, Math. Biol. Eng., Math. Biosci. Eng., 8 (2011), 753-768.
- Dynamics of stage-structured discrete mosquito population models, J. Appl. Anal. Compt., 1 (2011), 53-67, (with Junliang Lu).
- Modeling of mosquitoes with dominant or recessive transgenes and Allee effects, Math. Biosci. Eng., 7 (2010), 99-121.
- Dynamical Modeling and Analysis of Epidemics, (Zhien Ma and Jia Li, Eds.), World Scientific, (2009)
- Simple stage-structured models for wild and transgenic mosquito populations, J. Diff. Eqns. Appl., 17 (2009), 327-347.
- Epidemic models with differential susceptibility and staged progression and their dynamics, Math. Biosci. Eng., 6 (2009), 321-332, (with J.M. Hyman).
- Malaria models with partial immunity in humans, Math. Biosci. Eng., 5 (2008), 789-801.
- Differential equations models for interacting wild and transgenic mosquito populations, J. Biol. Dyn., 2 (2008), 241-258.
- Continuous-time age-structured models in population dynamics and epidemiology, In Mathematical Epidermiology, (Fred Brauer, Pauline van den Driessche, and Jianhong Wu, Eds.), Springer, Berlin, (2008), 205-227, (with Fred Brauer).
- An extended discrete Ricker population model with Allee effects, J. Diff. Eqns. Appl., 13(2007), 309-321, (with Baojun Song and Xiaohong Wang).
- Infection-age structured epidemic models with behavior change or treatment, J. Biol. Dyn., 1(2007), 109-131, (with J.M. Hyman).
- Differential susceptibility and differential infectivity epidemic models, Math. Biosci. Eng., 3(2006), 89-100, (with J.M. Hyman).
- Heterogeneity in modeling of mosquito populations with transgenic mosquitoes, J. Diff. Eqns. Appl., 11 (2005), 443-457.
- Differential susceptibility epidemic models, J. Math. Biol., 50(2005), 626-644, (with J.M. Hyman).
- The Reproductive number for an HIV model with differential infectivity and staged progression, Linear Algebra Appl., 398(2005), 101-116, (with J.M. Hyman).
- Epidemiological models for mutating pathogens, SIAM J. Appl. Math., 65(2004), 1-23, (with Yicang Zhou, Zhien Ma, and J.M. Hyman).
- Simple mathematical models for interacting wild and transgenic mosquito populations, Math. Biosci., 189 (2004), 39-59.
- On coexistence of pathogens in a class of sexually-transmitted disease models, J. Math. Biol., 47 (2003), 547-568, (with Zhien Ma, S.P. Blythe, and C. Castillo-Chavez).
- Stability analysis for differential infectivity epidemic models, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Appl., 4 (2003), 841-856, (with Zhien Ma and Jianping Liu).
- Modeling the impact of random screening and contact tracing in reducing the spread of HIV, Math. Biosci., 181 (2003), 17-54, (with J.M. Hyman and E.A. Stanley).