CS Program Objectives and Outcomes
As part of the department's continuous improvement and accreditation compliance, we seek the following objectives and outcomes for our graduates.
Program Educational Objectives
Within 3-5 years of graduation, Computer Science alumni will:
- Create value for organization through the application and/or documentation of Computer Science principles.
- Show leadership capability and work effectively with others of varying backgrounds in team environments.
- Pursue professional development through graduate study and/or continuing education.
The Computer Science program enables students to achieve, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to Computer Science.
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify, and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity
Enrollment & Graduation Data
Annual Enrollment for Computer Science Undergraduate Program:
2011 – 230
2012 – 254
2013 – 288
Undergraduate Degrees awarded:
2011 – 31
2012 – 27
2013 – 30
- Hits: 808