Krishnan K. Chittur, Ph.D.
Chemical and Materials Engineering
Chemical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX
Dr. Chittur has more than 25 years experience working on problems that arise from medicine or biology. Dr. Chittur has used Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy to understand the relationship between biomaterial surface properties and protein adsorption, leading in turn to solving problems in biocompatibility. Dr. Chittur helped write a proposal leading to the UAHuntsville campus Ph.D. program in Biotechnology Science and Engineering. Dr. Chittur directed that Ph.D. program for four years. Dr. Chittur's research interests today are in understanding gene expression and techniques to study them.
- biosensing, diagnostics
- biomaterials, FTIR spectroscopy
Honors & Awards
UAH Foundation Award for Outstanding Research, 1999.
- Xhuang, Fei, Chittur, Krishnan, Mount, Dwight, Smith, Stephen, Hayes, Douglas Simple and Inexpensive Preparation of Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets Via Co-Adsorption of Pyrethroid and Oligomer Textile Research Journal, Vol 78, Number 7, pp 595603 (July, 2008)
- M. Elena Diaz, B. Johnson, Krishnan K. Chittur, Ramon L. Cerro (2005) Infrared Spec- troscopy analysis of the structure of multilayer Langmuir-Blodgett Films: Effect of deposition velocity and pH: Langmuir, Vol 21(2), pp 610-6
- Susan M. McCormick, S.R. Frye, Suzanne G. Eskin, Christina L. Teng, Chiung-Mei Lu, Christopher G. Russell, Krishnan K. Chittur, Larry V. McIntire (2003) Microarray anal- ysis of shear stressed endothelial cells Biorheology, Vol 40, pp 5—11.
- Susan M. McCormick, Suzanne G. Eskin, Larry V. McIntire, Christina L. Teng, Chiung-Mei Lu, Christopher G. Russell, Krishnan K. ChitturDNA Microarray Reveals Changes in Gene Expression of Shear Stressed Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, Vol 98, Number 16, pp 8955—8960, July 31, 2001
- Jing Xie, Clyde Riley and Krishnan Chittur(2001) Effect of albumin on brushite trans- formation to hydroxyapatite Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Vol 57, No. 3, pp -65
- Mukesh Kumar, Jing Xie, Krishnan K. Chittur, Clyde Riley, (1999) Transformation of Modi- fied Brushite to Hydroxyapatite in Simulated Body Fluid: Effects of Potassium Substitution. Biomaterials, 20, 1389–1399.
- Haitong Zeng, Krishnan K. Chittur, William R. Lacefield (1999), Dissolution/Reprecipitation of Calcium Phosphate Thin Films Produced by Ion Beam Sputter Deposition Technique, Biomaterials, 20, 443–451.
- Haitong Zeng, Krishnan K. Chittur, William R. Lacefield (1999), Analysis of bovine serum albumin adsorption on calcium phosphate and titanium surfaces, Biomaterials, 20, 377— 384
- Jeannie D. Haman, Krishnan K. Chittur, Daryl E. Crawmer and Linda C. Lucas (1999) Analytical and Mechanical Testing of High Velocity Oxy-Fuel Thermal Sprayed and Plasma Sprayed Calcium Phosphate Coatings, J. Biomed. Mater. Res (Appl. Biomater.), Vol 48, pp 856–860.
- Krishnan K. Chittur FTIR and Protein Structure at Interfaces, Bulletin of the Biomedical Engineering Society, Volume 23, Number 3, 1999
- Chittur, K.K. (1998) Surface Techniques to Examine the Biomaterial-Host Interface: An Introduction to the Papers, Biomaterials, 19, 301–305.
- Chittur, K.K. (1998) FTIR/ATR for Protein Adsorption to Biomaterial Surfaces, Biomaterials, 19, 357–369.
- Hits: 3918