Mr. Bogdan Ghita
Research Engineer I, Rotorcraft Systems Engineering & Simulation Center
Phone (256) 824-6152
Fax (256 824-6791
Mr. Ghita received the B.S in Mechanical Engineering Aerospace Concentration from University of Alabama in Huntsville in 2005. He has been working for the University of Alabama in Huntsville for over 13 years, first as an undergraduate research student, and for the past 8 years as a full time engineer.
His areas of competence include: Spacecraft and Flight Hardware Design Analysis and Fabrication, Mechanical Design, Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation and 3D CAD Modeling. His work experience includes various NASA and DoD projects. Working for the Rotorcraft Systems Engineering and Simulation Center has given him the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of a project, from requirements selection, preliminary design, trade studies, to producing 3D CAD modeled and assemblies and associated drawings, fabrication, integration and testing.
• Marshall Space Flight Center Core Value Teamwork Award
• NASA Group Achievement Award
• Project Manager for Aviation Systems Certificate of Achievement
• "Growth of Organic Thin Films", Co-author, Conference, Davos, Switzerland, Aug. 2001
• "Effusive Ampoule Physical Vapor Transport as New Process in Thin Film Technology", Co-author, Conference, Barga, Italy, Aug. 2002
• "Vapor Transport Growth of Organic Solids in Microgravity and Unit Gravity", Co-author, Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Oct. 2002
• "Deep Space Test Bed for Radiation Studies", Co-author, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, April 2007