There are several things to keep in mind when you are requesting a Visit Request be sent:
- It is important that the individual needing the visit request complete the Visit Worksheet in full to include complete location, fax number, POC, etc. It is not the responsibility of the ORS office to get this information. We do not know where you are visiting or where you need access to.
- Please verify all the information is correct on the worksheet prior to sending to the ORS
- The ORS office does not have time or the manpower to pull files and find out what facilities that individuals have requested in the past. This, again, is the responsibility of the individual needing the visit request sent
- Lastly, the visit worksheets need to be submitted to the ORS 10 days prior to the visit when possible in order to avoid a possible denial of entrance at the site of your visit.
- Please submit the Visit Authorization Request (VAR) Worksheet as far in advance of the planned visit as possible. This worksheet should be mailed to VARemail@uah.edu. The information in bold print on the worksheet is mandatory.
- Keep in mind that the process may require coordination with a federal agency to obtain Need-to-Know certification before we can send this Visit Authorization Request. This, of course, may slow the process somewhat so please allow us as much time as possible by notifying us as soon as you knoe the visit is necessary.
We will continue to do our best to support each and every one of you in a timely manner. Your assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated.