The best way for you to help your security program is to participate in your security program. A significant part of the security program is reporting. In addition to reporting adverse information and suspicious activities, you should make reports on the following:
- Non-compliance with published security policies and procedures.
- Blatant disregard for security policies and procedures.
- Unauthorized removal of classified or proprietary information from work.
- Falsification of locations visited during travel.
- Sudden unexplained affluence.
- Falsifying destruction records.
- Careless destruction of proprietary information.
- Frequently working after hours or at unusual times.
- Requests for access to information that is not related to assigned tasks.
- Inquiries to other employees about their work not related to normal tasks.
- Excessive use of photocopying equipment.
- Repeated and continued patterns of performance deterioration.
After all, you are the Center of Security.
- Hits: 257