The Thermal Constants Analyzer is a non-destructive precision analysis of thermal transport properties including thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity, and specific heat capacity. The analyzer operates on a wide variety of sensors with radius from 0.5 mm to 30 mm. The test machine operates by pulsing energy into a circular disk sensor and reading a difference in resistivity values over time. These values change as heat is introduced to the material under test. There are two main differentiations between material types. Those that are Isotropic: meaning (the properties are the same in all directions i.e. metals) or Anisotropic: meaning (properties are not the same in all directions i.e. carbon fiber composites). The software for this machine allows RFAL to determine properties for both Isotropic and Anisotropic materials.
- Contact resistance between sensor and sample does not influence measurement results
- Porous and transparent samples are easy to test without modification
- Surface roughness or color does not influence measurement results
- Minimum or no sample preparation time
- Double-sided testing for maximum accuracy
- Three thermal transport properties testing in a single transient
- No calibration or reference sample required
To view specifications, click the image to the right or get the pdf below.
Thermal Constants Analyzer
Download a free copy of Acrobat® Reader™ to read & print PDF files: