How Do I?

Request an official transcript?

There are two ways to request an official UAH transcript.

  1. Fill out the transcript request form. The completed form and payment information can be sent via fax at 256.824.7780, scanned and emailed to, mailed to our office, or dropped off in person.
  2. You can also request an official transcript through your Banner account. For more information see below:
    1. Once you have logged in with your Charger ID and password, click on the Student tab.
    2. From there, click the link for Student Records, followed by Academic Transcript.
    3. At the bottom of the page you will find a link that says Request Printed Transcript.

Note: Charger Central cannot reset your Charger ID password. You will need to contact the OIT Helpdesk at 256.824.3333.

Processing Time

Official transcripts are available the next business day.

Payment methods

If a request is mailed, please include a check or your credit/debit card information on the form.

If a request is faxed or emailed, please include your credit/debit card information on the form or payment can be taken over the phone.

In Charger Central, you can pay with check or credit/debit card.

If a request is made through Banner, payment by credit/debit card is required. You will be directed to our secure payment site.

Required Information

The following information is required on all requests in order to process transcripts:

  • Full Name
  • Student ID number
  • Address or fax number to where the transcript should be sent
  • Signature of the student
  • Payment

Applicable fees

Mailed or Pick-up: $4.00 per copy
Faxed: $10.00 per copy (Note: An unofficial copy of your transcript is faxed and an official copy is mailed the next business day.)
FedEx: $20.00 per copy mailed (Note: FedEx does not deliver to PO box addresses. Processing time is still one business day.)

Submit requests to:

Charger Central
118 Conference Training Center
Huntsville, AL 35899
Phone: 256.824.7777
Fax: 256.824.7780

Get an enrollment letter / verification?

Students can come to Charger Central, mail, or fax a request for an enrollment letter. The following information is required to process enrollment letters:

  • Full name
  • Student ID number
  • Address or fax number to where letter should be sent
  • Signature of student
Apply for pass/fail?

Students wishing to obtain a grade of P-F must apply by completing the Pass/Fail from in Charger Central when registering or before the end of the third week of classes. Undergraduate students not on academic probation may take courses on a P-F basis. Students are limited to 12 semester hours of credit on P-F basis over the course of the degree. Any course may be taken P-F except English composition, mathematics, and courses within the student's major or minor.

Change my major / college?

Changing Major

If you are changing a major within the same college, please meet with your academic advisor and he/she can assist you with updating your current major (minor or concentration).

Changing College

Download Change of College Form

If you are changing from one college to another, download and complete form, then submit it to Charger Central. Once the form has been processed, the student is notified and assigned a new advisor.

Register for classes?

Class Registration

All students are encouraged to register on the web. Each student should meet with their academic advisor to determine what courses should be taken and obtain a Registration Access Code (RAC) for the current semester. Once an RAC has been obtained, students can register on the web. Students requiring assistance with general navigation and login information can contact our office Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Students receiving registration errors should contact their academic advisor. If you are unable to reach the office via phone during registration times, you should email, or stop by to be sure that your question is answered as quickly as possible. If you are unable to log in to register, or you have forgotten your password, contact the OIT Helpdesk at 256.824.3333.

Contact my advisor?

Visit the Academic Advising page to find your academic advisor.

Get a Charger Card?

Charger Card Information

Every newly admitted student will be charged a one-time fee of $10.00 for an official UAH photo identification card (Charger Card). Students may obtain a Charger Card in the Charger Union (CGU), room 131, from 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Verification of class schedule and photo ID required (Class schedule can be obtained in Charger Central, Conference Training Center, room 118).

The Charger Card will give you access to campus facilities and services and will allow you to make purchases at participating locations.

Get a parking decal?

UAH Police - Parking Information

Students should use the UAH Parking Portal to register vehicles and obtain UAH parking decals. UAH students, faculty, and staff may access this site using their Charger ID and password.

Pay my tuition?

Office of the Bursar

Tuition payments may be paid online, in Charger Central, or in the Bursar's Office. Tuition is due each semester by the official first day of classes by 5pm.

Apply for on campus jobs?

On-Campus Employers

Degree related and non-degree related jobs are available on campus. Positions are paid and offer flexible work schedules. All students enrolled at UAH are eligible to apply for on-campus jobs.

Get help with login issues?

Students experiencing login problems for Banner, Canvas, and email should contact the OIT Help Desk at 256.824.3333 or You can also visit OIT for more information.