UAHuntsville M. Louis Salmon Library is responsible for archiving all UAH thesis and dissertations.
The library provides guidance on who is eligible to utilize the search database services and how to search with various databases.
Please read the library research assistance website page for details.
Links to theses require UAH log in if not accessed on the campus network.
PRC-Support Advanced Degree List
Advanced Degree - Thesis
Advanced Degree - Non-Thesis
Propulsion-Related Theses and Dissertations from UAH
- Determination of a new throttling liquid rocket engine for a mars lander: a thesis,” Betts, Erin, 2011
- The dynamics of vehicles under solid rocket propulsion: a thesis; Stough, Robert William; 2011.
- Numerical analysis of a plasmoid thruster: a thesis; Dowell, Brittany Anne; 2011.
- Evaluating combustion Instability in a sub-scale combustion experiment with three scaling parameters: a thesis, Brooks, John; 2010.
- Development of a liquid oxygen facility for rocket engine injector performance testing: a thesis; Mulkey, Henry W.; 2010.
- The effects of chamber pressure variation on swirl injector atomization: a thesis; Eberhart, Chad Jonathan; 2010.
- Scaling a single element combustor to replicate combustion instability modes of a liquid rocket engine: a thesis; Sweeney, Brian A.; 2010.
- Numerical optimization of a liquid propellant settling scenario: a thesis; Rojahn, Josh.; 2010.
- Cold flow simulation of vortex shedding in a segmented solid rocket motor : a thesis; Durojaye Rasheed. 2010.
- Evaluation of hydro-mechanical pulsation for rocket injector research: a thesis; Wilson, Matthew B.; 2010.
- Failure analysis of braided u-shaped metal bellows flexible hose : a thesis; Pierce, Stephen O., 2010
- Accuracy of real time radiography burning rate measuremen : a thesis; Olaniyi, Bisola. 2010.
- Development of a hover test bed: a thesis; Williams, Jason Alan; 2010.
- Raindrop demise in a high-speed projectile flowfiel : a dissertation; Moylan, Bruce Emerson; 2010.
- Magnetic field mapping in the plasmoid thruster experiment a thesis; McColgin, Coby W.; 2010.
- Rocket motor segmenting: a thesis; Lee, Jeffrey Lynn; 2010.
- Achieving Mars sample return on a single Ares V launc : a thesis; Jones, Ashley; 2010.
- Experimental injector element stability characterization and combustion imaging: a thesis; Ikard, Robert LaShawn; 2010.
- Thermal characterization tests of the QU tube heat pipe: a thesis; Rao, Parthib R.; 2009.
- An investigation of the effect of spring forces on the separation of rocket motor and payload: a thesis; Colbaugh, John; 2009.
- Experimental evaluation of regression rates in a hypergolic hybrid motor system: a thesis; Wingard, Zachary Keith; 2009.
- Investigations of an innovative combined cycle nozzle: a thesis; Wood, Dustin E.; 2009.
- Mode assessment of a single-element shear coaxial injector: a thesis; Huynh, Huy Huu; 2009.
- Mission analysis using experimental results from an 8-cm ion thruster: a thesis; Turner, Andre A., Jr.2009.
- Characterization of gaseous oxygen and methane injectors under high pressure combustion: a thesis; Saffell, Ryan.2009
- Integration of a magnetic bias field coil in a plasmoid thruste : a thesis; Ims, Kjell-Edmund. 2009
- A semi-empirical jet noise model derived using the energy spectrum function: a thesis; Owen, Miles.
- Tilt mechanism for active roll control: a thesis; Parton, Homer. 2008.
- Influence of variable thrust parameters on swirl injector fluid mechanics: a dissertation; Kenny, Robert J.; 2008.
- Mixed oxidizer hybrid propulsion system optimization under uncertainty using applied response surface methodology and Monte Carlo simulation: a dissertation; Whitehead, James Joshua; 2008.
- Methods of analysis of ultrasonic echoes to determine solid propellant burning rates: a thesis; Marshall, Marcus A.; 2008.
- A simulation approach to predicting tactical missile performance with a broken wing: a thesis; Harris, John. 2008.
- Experimental investigation of the Qu Tube heat pipe : a thesis; Entrekin, Sean F.; 2008.
- Inexpensive flight simulation in an academic environment: a thesis;Piputsitee, Thammanit; 2008.
- Laboratory-scale injector instability mode assessment: a thesis; Byrd, Robert E., Jr.; 2008.
- Theoretical and computational considerations for an approximation to the medium thrust two-body problem: a dissertation; Adams, Robert B., 2008.
- Experimental and analytical development program of the sequential feed syste : a thesis; Morton, Christopher. 2008.
- Experimental performance characterization of a one megawatt continuous duty arc heater: a thesis; Bukac, Richard. 2008.
- Vaporization and shock wave dynamics for impulse generation in laser propulsion: a dissertation Sinko, John; 2008 (physics)
- A magnetic and interferometric study of a plasma formed in a conical-theta-pinch : a dissertation Fimognari, Peter Joseph, III; 2007 (physics).
- Binary blends of polymer propellants for laser driven constant momentum propulsion : a thesis Hendrickson, Adam Gail; 2007 (physics).
- Trajectory reconstruction with a multi-order least squares sliding window (LSSW) filter: a thesis; Farbman, Melissa S., 2007.
- A model for turboshaft engine test facility uncertainty analys : a thesis; Kimbel, James A.; 2007.
- Application of response surface methods to characterize missile performance: a thesis;Long, Angela Sheree, 2007.
- Lindl-Widner diagrams for plasma liner driven magneto-inertial fusion: a thesis; Thompson, Seth; 2007.
- Three dimensional numerical modeling of a diagonal magnetohydrodynamic accelerator: a dissertation; Turner, Matthew William.2007.
- Characterization of a cold flow non-axisymmetric supersonic ejector: a dissertation; Lineberry, David M. 2007.
- Experimental methodology for measuring combustion and injector coupled responses: a thesis; Cavitt, Ryan C.; 2007.
- Feasibility of a guided interceptor: a thesis; Hahn, Philip; 2006.
- Design of an air vitiation heater: a thesis; Samuel, Eusebio; 2006.
- Modeling of turbulence effects on the heat and mass transfer of evaporating sprays : a dissertation Madhanabharatam, Balasubramanya; 2006.
- Validation of aeroelastic rocket nozzle flow separation pressure field model : a thesis ;Smalley, Kurt B.
- Examination of Faraday probe measurements and plasma conditions supporting detachment : a thesis Schuettpelz, Branwen M.; 2006.
- Development and optimization of a model of behavior of an expander cycle: a thesis; Berthiau, Gregoire B.; 2006.
- Reciprocating propellant feed system development program: a thesis; Eddleman, David; 2006.
- High pressure ballistic evaluation motor: the development and characterization of the Army ten-pound charge (ATPC) motor: a thesis; Gerards, Amy Brown; 2006.
- Demonstration of solid propulsion control through use of pintle technology: a thesis; Davis, Christina; 2006.
- Evaluation of heavy fuel engines for small unmanned air vehicles : a thesis; Dolbeer, Christi Hames, 2006.
- A two-dimensional cartesian and axisymmetric study of combustion-acoustic interaction : a thesis Hood, Caroline P., 2006.
- Absorption-enhanced liquid ablatants for laser propulsion with tea CO* laser: a thesis Sterling, Enrique; 2005 (physics).
- Analysis of heat transfer correlations for supercritical hydrogen in regenerative cooling channels : a thesis; Locke, Justin M.. 2005.
- Magnetic field penetration and enhanced diffusion in pulsed plasma thrusters : a thesis ;Peters, Brian; 2005.
- Combustion instability and the design of a liquid droplet injector: a thesis ;Ellison, L. Renea; 2005.
- Water tunnel facility design for external flow visualizations : a thesis; Demaneuf, Olivier; 2005.
- Experimental analysis of the high Reynolds number thermal stability test method: a thesis Emens, Jessica; 2005.
- Low earth orbit environmental effects on space tether materials: a thesis Gittemeier, Keith; 2005.
- Developing a standard for the thermal stability of RP-1 fuel: a thesis; Brown, Sarah P.; 2005.
- Estimating the uncertainty in thermochemical calculations for oxygen hydrogen combustors: a dissertation; Sims, Joseph David, 2005.
- Magnetic field and quadruple Langmuir probe measurements in the plume of the plasmoid thruster: a dissertation; Koelfgen, Syri Jo.; 2005.
- Application of response surface method to the design of an air defense intercepto : a thesis; Mullis, James.; 2005.
- Flammability limits of hydrogen/oxygen/helium mixtures in confined spaces: a thesis; Villegas, Yvonne C.; 2005.
- Hydrocarbon fuel deposition in HiReTS tubes: a thesis; Khodabandeh, Julia Wilson.; 2005.
- Time-of-flight study of elementary propellants for ablative laser propulsio : a thesis Thompson, M. Shane; 2004 (physics).
- Analysis of annular plug nozzle performance and thrust vectoring control: a thesis Higdon, Kevin P.; 2005.
- Time-resolved imaging for the dynamic study of ablative laser propulsion: a dissertation Lin, Jun.; 2004 (physics).
- Modeling of turbulence effect on liquid jet atomization: a dissertation;Trinh, Huu Phuo; 2004.
- Launch vehicle propulsion parameter design multiple selection criteria: a dissertation; Shelton, Joey Dewayne; 2004.
- Experimental determination of regression rates of mixed hybrid propellants: a thesis; Knox, Lewis Richard; 2004.
- Interaction of a premixed flame with an acoustic disturbance: a thesis; Saxena, Aditi; 2004.
- Design of a thrust stand for electric thruster: a thesis; Bert, Florence; 2004.
- Suppression of the ignition overpressure generated by launch vehicles: a dissertation; Canabal, Francisco, III; 2004.
- Numerical modeling studies of a coaxial plasma accelerator as a standoff driver for magnetized target fusion: a dissertation; Cassibry, Jason T.; 2004.
- Monte-Carlo computation of turbulent premixed methane/air ignition: a dissertation Carmen, Christina L.; 2004.
- Uncertainty analysis on heat transfer correlations for RP-1 fuel in copper tubing : a thesis; Driscoll, Elizabeth; 2004.
- Uncertainty analysis of liquid rocket engine ground tests: a thesis; Lineberry, David M.; 2004.
- Plasma stability studies of the gasdynamic mirror fusion propulsion experimen : a dissertation; Emrich, William J., Jr., 2004.
- Recombination processes in a flowing magnetized plasma : application to ionization energy recovery in the variable specific impulse magnetoplasma rocket (VASIMR : a dissertation; Chavers, Donald Gregory; 2003 (physics)
- Development of a nitrous oxide propane combustor: a thesis; Smith, Nathan William Hardin; 2003.
- Experimental study of a Hall current plasma accelerator: a dissertation; Li, Zhongmin; 2003.
- A study of the possible use of hybrid rocket systems as targets in ballistic missile defense tests: a thesis; Gray, William M., 2002.
- Catalyzed thermal decomposition of nitrous oxide with propane/propylene mixtures: a thesis; Madhanabharatam, Balasubramanyam S.; 2002.
- Experimental study of plasma energization at magnetic neutral points: a dissertation; Deaconu, Stelu; 2002.
- Investigation of plasma injection in water: a dissertation; Matsuura, Soichi; 2002.
- An experimental investigation of a non-axisymmetric supersonic cold-flow ejector : a thesis; Smith, Nathanial Timothy; 2002.
- Experimental investigation of an ejector scramjet RBCC at mach 4.0 and 6.5 simulated flight conditions: a dissertation; Nelson, Karl William; 2002.
- Direct measurement of solid propellant pressure-coupled response functions with ultrasound: a dissertation; Di Salvo, Roberto; 2002.
- Inductive measurement of plasma jet electrical conductivity: a thesis; Turner, Matthew W.; 2001.
- Uncertainties in nozzle heat flux and hot gas wall temperatures: a thesis; Shelton, Joey Dewayne; 2001.
- Advanced solar and laser sail propulsion concepts for interstellar space travel: a thesis; Taylor, Travis Shane; 2001.
- An assessment of microwave generated plasmas for use in magnetohydrodynamic accelerators: a dissertation; Jones, Jonathan E.; 2000.
- Hysteresis effects on thrust measurement and its uncertaint : a thesis; Sims, Joseph David.; 200.
- Numerical simulation of the regenerative cooling tubes in the 15-K fastrac rocket engine : a thesis; Ibrahim, Zuhair Mahmoud.; 200.
- Preliminary analysis of a fusion-powered transatmospheric airbreathing vehicle: a thesis; Adams, Robert B.; 2000.
- Rocket measurements of the thermal and superthermal electron distributions in the prenoon topside auroral ionosphere and ionospheric cleft : a dissertation; Adrian, Mark Leroy; 2000 (physics).