Be among the earliest Program Management Professionals (PgMPsm) worldwide!
Scheduled for busy professionals, the course is taught two evenings a week.
Who Should attend?
- Managers of programs that contain complex activities spanning functions, organizations, geographic regions, and cultures.
- Persons who want to achieve PgMPsm certification including program and portfolio managers, experienced project managers, and senior executives.
Participate in this course to achieve knowledge and skills applicable to the program management discipline and to prepare for the PgMPsm Certification exam. The exam is based primarily on Project Management Institute's Standard for Program Management (SPM) which is organized into nine knowledge areas and five process groups. The SPM defines a program as a collection of projects, and perhaps ongoing operations, being managed in a coordinated way to achieve greater benefits than if they were managed separately. Now program managers worldwide have a common language for communication in the growing global economy. PgMPsm defines the global standard of best practices for program management professionals.
The Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential is not a prerequisite. However, holders of the PMP® credential have a foundation for studying for the PgMPsm examination. The PgMPsm credential award process is more involved than that for the PMP® credential, with five distinct steps including a review by peers and a global panel of PgMPsm holders. More information about the credential award process can be found at www.pmi.org.
- Topics Include:
- Processes of The Standard for Program Management related to program life cycle
- Methods essential for PgMPsm exam success
- Align your program management experience with PgMPsm terminology and definitions
- How to complete your exam application and meet the required criteria
- Practice exams and cross-referencing answers
To schedule for your organization, contact Customized Training