Equip yourself to use the powerful Visual Studio .NET tool to develop software targeting the .NET Framework. The Microsoft .NET Framework is a development and execution environment that allows different programming languages and libraries to work together seamlessly to create Windows and Web-based applications. Develop your knowledge to create applications that are easier to build, manage, deploy, and integrate with other networked systems. As a developer or software designer, learn to program .NET applications while gaining a solid understanding of .NET-based programming. While hands-on course labs will use the C++ programming language, the primary focus is to understand the Visual Studio .NET tool and .NET Framework.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for developers with prior programming experience who want to gain a solid foundation of Microsoft's .NET Framework and Visual Studio .NET integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Topics Include:
- Exploring the Visual Studio .NET IDE
- Overview of object-oriented programming concepts
- Managing data: strings, numbers, dates, arrays, and structures
- Programming with classes, objects and interfaces
- Windows Application Development: controls, menus, dialogs and forms
- Intro to databases: The ADO.NET model, XML data, LINQ overview
Experience with a programming language such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java.