Learn the best practices for implementing solutions to a wide range of common problems that all Android developers are likely to encounter eventually. Examine how to take advantage of both Java language features and its seemingly endless bounty of support libraries on Android devices. Discover proven techniques that you can use almost immediately to create highly polished Android applications that are robust, stable and feature rich. Practice Android tips and tricks to give perfect shape to your creative thinking.
- Topics Include:
- Managing activities, threads and background services
- Using Android's animation and advanced graphics engines
- Managing files, using databases and sharing data between applications
- Deal with challenges using networks and web services on mobile devices
- Accessing device hardware (cameras, microphones and sensors)
No programming experience necessary, but familiarity with Java or XML is recommended.