Companies today are exploring options in cloud computing and virtualization in an effort to cut hardware costs and overhead and increase infrastructure availability. One of the most significant steps a company can make in their quest for green IT is IT virtualization. Learn the main concepts and capabilities of virtualization technology and gain a fundamental understanding of the architectural models. View the benefits and drawbacks of virtualization in both home and enterprise environments and learn how to migrate existing desktops or servers to a virtual environment. In our hands-on lab, you will install and configure both Linux and Windows virtual machines on a variety of platforms from well-known vendors including Oracle and VMware.
This course provides occupational preparation for information technology professionals such as PC support personnel, computer programmers, network/systems managers and related technical and operations administration personnel.
- Core virtualization concepts
- Architectural models
- Virtualization components and layers
- Desktop platforms (Virtualbox, Workstation)
- Enterprise platforms (vSphere)
- Virtual machine creation, configuration and management
- Benefits of virtualization including costs and power reduction and improved business continuity
Basic understanding of operating systems, networking, and overall computer knowledge.