Introduction to Virtualization Concepts
Companies today are exploring options in cloud computing and virtualization in an effort to cut hardware costs and overhead and increase infrastructure availability. One of the most significant steps a company can make in their quest for green IT is IT virtualization. Learn the main concepts and capabilities of virtualization technology and gain a fundamental understanding of the architectural models. View the benefits and drawbacks of virtualization in both home and enterprise environments and learn how to migrate existing desktops or servers to a virtual environment. In our hands-on lab, you will install and configure both Linux and Windows virtual machines on a variety of platforms from well-known vendors including Oracle and VMware.
This course provides occupational preparation for information technology professionals such as PC support personnel, computer programmers, network/systems managers and related technical and operations administration personnel.
- Core virtualization concepts
- Architectural models
- Virtualization components and layers
- Desktop platforms (Virtualbox, Workstation)
- Enterprise platforms (vSphere)
- Virtual machine creation, configuration and management
- Benefits of virtualization including costs and power reduction and improved business continuity
Basic understanding of operating systems, networking, and overall computer knowledge.