A+ Certification is where you should begin to achieve a successful career in Information Technology. On completion of this course, you will understand the fundamental concepts of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking. You will learn to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features for mobile operating systems, Android and Apple iOS. At the same time, prepare for CompTIA's A+ Certification Exam 220-801/802 to fulfill a basic requirement for most technical support and IT administrative positions. The A+ Certification exam is intended for individuals with six to twelve months of hands-on experience in the IT field. IT applies to DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I. Go to www.comptia.org for complete certification information.
- Topics Include:
- CPU, RAM, power supplies and PC components
- Hard drive installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Input devices and removable media management
- Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 installation, upgrades and troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting common PC issues
- Internet connection
- Wired/Wireless network installation and configuration
- Video and multimedia card installation
- Smartphone, tablet and other mobile device support
- PC and network protection
- Printer installation, configuration and management
- Virtualization technologies
- Safety and environmental issues
Technical networking experience with emphasis on security and Security+ or equivalent experience recommended.