Prepare for the CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-005! Network+ certification is recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense and many companies and organizations require or recommend Comp TIA Network+ certification for their networking technicians. During class, you will benefit from hands-on exercises and exam question practice in a lab environment. Get ready for certification success as you cover network technologies, installation and configuration, media and topologies, management, and security. Revised exam content is addressed and includes virtual networking and increased attention to network security and coverage of the seven-layer OSI (Open System Interconnection) model. Use comprehensive materials that are responsive to the latest release of the exam in December 2011.
Potential jobs include network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician, and IT cable installer.
- Build a network with the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Configure network hardware, topologies, and cabling
- Connect multiple Ethernet components
- Install and configure routers and switches
- Work with TCP/IP applications and network protocols
- Configure IPv6 routing protocols
- Implement virtualization
- Set up clients and servers for remote access
- Configure wireless networks
- Secure networks with firewalls, NAT, port filtering, packet filtering, and other methods
- Build a SOHO network
- Manage and troubleshoot networks
Technical networking experience with emphasis on security and Security+ or equivalent experience recommended.