Serving as an introduction to STAR-CCM+ software solution, this 24-hour course equips the attendee with a firm understanding of the basic principles of computational fluid flow, heat transfer analysis, and compressible aerodynamics as delivered in STAR-CCM+. Attendees will experience a gradual well-structured learning curve over a three day period that reflects the major processes developed in STAR-CCM+. After instructor-led tutorials and lectures, attendees will use the software to perform their own simulations and leave the training equipped to address common flow, thermal, and aerodynamic engineering challenges using STAR-CCM+.
The application focus of the course will be compressible aerodynamics. Aerodynamic material will include STAR-CCM+ analysis capabilities for compressible flow, aerodynamics best practices, as well as boundary conditions and solution control settings. All lecture is re-enforced by hands-on exercises of application-relevant geometries, including missiles, converging-diverging nozzles, and a helicopter fuselage.
- Day 1:
- Conceptual elements of fluid flow simulation
- Graphical user interface (GUI) and architecture overview including the client-server approach
- Overview of workflow process of STAR-CCM+
- Introductory hands-on exercises that re-enforce the entire analysis process in STAR-CCM+ from geometry import through results post-processing.
- Day 2:
- Thermal workshop
- Basics of mesh generation including various surface and volume meshing models
- Principles and strategies for efficient computational solving
- Hands-on tutorials on automatic meshing that include surface cleanup, multi domain meshing and mesh modification.
- Day 3:
- Compressible Flow Modeling in STAR-CCM+
- Lecture: STAR-CCM+ analysis capabilities for compressible flow, including best practices for models and mesh design, boundary conditions and solution control settings
- Workshop 1: High-Speed Flow around a Generic Tactical Missile
- Workshop 2: Supersonic Flow in a Converging-Diverging Nozzle
- Workshop 3: Helicopter fuselage aerodynamics
To schedule for your organization, contact Customized Training