A basic understanding of GDT is a requirement today for anyone involved with the preparation of mechanical engineering drawings or the use of these drawings in stress analysis, planning, manufacturing or inspection. This course assumes participants have no knowledge of GDT and explains all GDT concepts according to the more commonly referenced 1994 ASME Y14.5M Standard. Interactive discussion and hands-on exercises are included to enhance your understanding. A simple calculator will be useful in the course but is not required.
- Topics Include:
- GDT symbols
- Free State Variation
- GDT and why it should be used
- Rule 1 and the Envelope Principle
- Rule 2 concerning material conditioning modifiers of MMC, LMC and the assumed RFS
- Drafting rules and guidelines contained in the Standard
- Tolerances: location, form, profile, orientation, and runout
- Ground rule that controls the 90 degree implied relationships among features
- The designation of features when tolerancing screw threads, gears, and splines
Knowledge of drawings to understand view projections and basic definition of dimensions and tolerances.
To schedule for your organization, contact Customized Training