Simulation Verification, Validation, and Accreditation
Understand the fundamental concepts of establishing simulation model accuracy, credibility, and usability. A range of verification and validation methods that include informal, static, dynamic, and formal methods are described, and quidelines for selecting the appropriate method for a given model are discussed. Specific procedures for performing important verification and validation methods and interpreting their results are explained in detail. Additionally, official policies, standards, and processes for VV&A are identified and discussed. Multiple extended case studies, drawn from actual VV&A practice, complement and reinforce general discussion of concepts and methods.
- Fundamental VV&A terms and concepts
- Verification and validation methods
- Statistical and mathematical techniques used in V&V
- Relationship of V&V to accreditation
- DoD, NASA, and IEEE VV&A policies and standards
- VV&A in the context of a M&S project
Undergraduate degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.