You've made a great decision to join the Charger Nation!
You'll find a campus community that is rich in diversity, abounds with opportunity and is a place of personal and global discovery. Now let's get your college experience started. New Student Orientation is a program that will help prepare you for the personal, social, and academic changes ahead. Rest assured, Orientation will help make your transition to UAH as smooth as possible. We also realize you are not alone in this transition. That's why we created a custom program for families and guests that runs concurrent with the student orientation program. Please note that New Student Orientation is required for all new students.
What is New Student Orientation (NSO)?
- Meet with your College Dean & Academic Advisor to discuss academic expectations and register for classes
- Gain familiarity with your new home and Housing & Residence Life! Each Summer & Fall 2015 student will stay on-campus as a part of their orientation experience.
- Get your Charger Card (Student ID)
- Discover tools to enable your academic success at UAH
- Explore opportunities to get involved on-campus
- Arrange for on-campus Housing
- Complete needed forms with our Student Health Center (Immunization Requirements)
- Learn about the campus and traditions
- Meet and socialize with current and new students
- And much more!
Selecting Your Orientation Date
Summer 2015 & Fall 2015: First-Time Freshmen are required to attend New Student Orientation. Please plan your schedule and travel accordingly. Also keep in mind that sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis by academic major. Changes in your selected orientation date need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering for Orientation
Students & their families will register for orientation through our online program below. The cost of orientation for all new first-year students is $150. The student orientation fee is placed on the student's account along with their tuition and student fees. Student accounts are paid by the first day of class each semester. The cost for each family member or guest to attend is $70 payable during online registration. If your family & guests would like to stay on-campus, the cost is $90 per guest (exception of the August 13-14 NSO). Orientation includes lunch and dinner on day 1 and breakfast on day 2. Students will also get their first UAH T-Shirt and lots of other UAH memorabilia. Orientation also has some great entertainment at night!
Please note that orientation fees are non-refundable.
To register you will need your Student Identification Number on your acceptance letter (begins with "A"). Need help locating it? Please call our Office of Admissions at 256.824.2773.
Easy Steps to Registering for Orientation
Select your Orientation Session
We have several great program dates to choose from.
Register for Orientation
Don't delay. Spots fill up quickly.
Register for Orientation Now
Prepare for Your Session
Review & Complete the Pre-Orientation Guide