Getting Started For New Staff
This section is designed to bring together IT related information and resources for staff at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. We want to hear your ideas and suggestions of what should be on this page. Please email us with your feedback.
1. Get to know the UAH Technology Policies
- AREN (Alabama Supercomputer Authority Acceptable Use Policy)
- UAH Computer Use Policy (For using computers on campus)
- UAH Email Policy (All new staff will be provided with a UAH email address)
2. Learn about your Campus IDs
You will use your Charger ID to log in to Banner (Self-Service).
-Complete FERPA Training (This is required for any staff members with access to educational records.)
Google Applications for Education is used for your official UAH email account. UAH staff are a provided with a gmail account, and also have access to other useful applications, such as Calendar and Documents. You will log in to Google Apps by using your Charger ID at google.uah.edu or by using your official email address (email@example.com) at google.com.
-Find out about your Official UAH Email Address
-Visit the UAH Google Apps Learning Center
myUAH is a portal site that contains links to helpful information, as well as direct links ot all your UAH accounts. Once you have signed into myUAH using your Charger ID, you will have access to Banner and ANGEL.
4. Password Management
This tool allows you to change your Charger ID password and manage your Google Apps account.
This page will explain how to manage your Banner account.
5. Anti-Virus Software
Up-to-date anti-virus software is required to access Internet on the UAH campus.
- The OIT Help Desk provides free anti-virus software through McAfee. Find out more.
- Staff computers are kept up-to-date automatically with EPO Agent.
- Quick Start Guide: Wireless Connection provides specific instruction for all operating systems.
7. Help Desk
The OIT Help Desk provides technical assistance for the UAH community.
- Hits: 3945