All UAHuntsville employees must receive Emergency Procedures Training. Any person working with chemical substances including but not limited to compressed gases, oil, gasoline, pure chemicals, mixtures of chemicals, industrial chemicals, radioactive materials must receive Hazard Communication Training once per year. Depending on your job other requirements may apply as well.
- Employee General Life Safety Information
- Hazard Communication Training
- Laboratory Safety Training
- Emergency Response, Injury Reporting, AEDs
Other Available Training and Compliance Information Resources
- Respiratory Protection Training and Fit Tests
- Asbestos Management and Abatement
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Electrical Safety
- Laboratory Ventilation
- Machine Guarding
- Nonionizing Radiation Standards
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire Safety
- Radiation Safety
- Radon Awareness
Environmental Training and Compliance Assistance
- Air Pollution Regulations
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
- Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Underground Storage Tanks (USTs)
- Aboveground Storage Tanks (ASTs)
- Water Pollution Control Act (Clean Water Act)
Life Safety Classroom Training Offered
OEHS offers the following classroom training:
- First Aid / Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Automatic External Defibrillator (CPR / AED)
- Learn basic first aid, how to perform CPR, and use an AED. Class length: Approximately 3.5 hrs.
- Learn how to perform CPR. Approximately 3 hrs.
- CPR / AED Review
- Refresher course for CPR / AED Certification. Persons certified in CPR / AED are required to recertify annually to maintain a valid certification. Approximately 2 hours.
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Learn how to safely use a portable fire extinguisher. Approximately 2 hrs. (Dress appropriately for weather conditions - course is taught outdoors.)
- Building Evacuation Procedures
- Learn procedures and responsibilities for evacuating a building. OEHS will provide training or answer questions for evacuations.
- Defensive Driving
- Required class for all part- and full-time UAHuntsville regular drivers. Also offered to all UAHuntsville students, faculty, and staff. Learn basic defensive driving techniques and best practices. (Usually taught on the last Friday of each month.) Approximately 4hrs.
To check class availability and register for scheduled classes, please contact the OEHS Safety Specialist at 256-824-2352. Unscheduled classes may be requested for groups of 4 or more participants. To request a special class, please contact OEHS: email@example.com">Bobby Dempsey via Bobby.Dempsey@uah.edu">email or call 256-824-2352.
Note: The American Red Cross charges the University $28 per person for First Aid/CPR/AED certification and $19 per person for CPR/AED certification. This cost is passed to your department. A valid budget number is required at time of class registration. Individuals wishing to take the course(s) must provide payment prior to taking the course(s).
- Hits: 406