Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education Program
Students who are currently enrolled in graduate education or those possessing a master's degree have the opportunity to continue their education and obtain a certificate in nursing education. Classes for this program are arranged in a manner to allow for full time employment or continued study in the master's program. The program is composed of five courses and requirements for the certificate program may be completed in one calendar year.
The purpose of the 15 clinical hour program is to:
- Prepare nurses with a master's degree to teach in a variety of settings, i.e., associate degree-nursing programs, clinical faculty in baccalaureate programs and health care agency educational programs
- Prepare nurses with the theory and practice experiences to develop and implement educational offerings in a variety of settings for diverse populations
- Prepare nurses with a variety of teaching strategies and delivery systems for today's new learning environment
- Prepare nurses with the necessary tools and strategies to effectively evaluate nursing performance in both clinical and classroom settings
- Prepare nurses with the skills necessary for role development as a faculty member.
More detailed information about opportunities for students seeking graduate degrees and certification may be obtained from the College of Nursing Office of Graduate Programs (256) 824-6669.
Program of Study:
|Faculty Role Development||3 SH|
|Teaching/Learning in Nursing||3 SH|
|Testing and Evaluation in Nursing Education||3 SH|
|Curriculum Development in Nursing||3 SH|
|Practicum in Teaching Nursing||3 SH|
Total classroom: 15 semester hours
Applicants for this program:
- Apply for admission to the UAH School of Graduate Studies. Currently enrolled graduate nursing students must notify the Graduate Studies office and complete required application forms. Applicants who hold MSN degrees from other institutions must provide official transcripts certifying that the applicant holds a master's degree in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Complete a one-sheet application for admission with the Office of Graduate Programs, UAH College of Nursing. Applications are available in the Office of Graduate Programs.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from each college/university attended (sent to the Graduate Studies office).
- Hits: 4764