Office: NB 309
- DNS in Nursing Administration, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- MSN in Community Health Nursing, University of Southern Mississippi
- BSN,McNeese State University
- Nursing Administration and Leadership
- NUR 632- Economic & Policy Implications in Health Care Systems
- NUR 635- Residency in Leadership
- NUR 636- Budgeting in Health Care Systems
- NUR 637- Case Management in Health Care Systems
- Staff Nurse Empowerment
- Shared Governance
- Staffing and Patient Outcomes
Research, Creative, and Scholarly Activity
- Anderson, F. ( 1998). "Performance management." in Rocchiccioli, J. & Tilbury, M. (Eds.). Clinical Leadership in Nursing. Philadelphia:Saunders.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Frith, K., Anderson, F., Tseng, F., Caspers, B., Sanford, K., Moore, K., & Hoyt, N. (accepted for publication 2010). Effect of Nurse Staffing on Hospital-acquired Conditions and Length of Stay in Community Hospitals. Quality Management in Healthcare.
- Frith, K., Anderson, F., Sewell, S. (accepted for publication Jan. 2010). Assessing and Selecting Data for a Nursing Services Dashboard. Journal of Nursing Administration:
- Anderson, F. The 2010 American Organization of Nurse Executives' (AONE) Introductory Guide to Healthcare Regulation. Prepared by members of the 2008 and 2009 AONE Regulatory Monitoring Committees. (Contributor as a member of the 2009 Committee.) Available at www.aone.org (pending).
- Toney-Dalgo, J. .& Anderson, F.. (1996).. "Developing a hospital ethics committee,". Nursing Management.
- Correlations and Comparison of Empowerment, Job Satisfaction, and Governance of Nurses in a Magnet Hospital, 2006 (Unpublished Study)
Invited Colloquia, Seminars and Presentations
- "Nurses as Knowledge Workers: Characteristics, Responsibilities, and Challenges" Anderson, F. 1 hour CEU presentation at In Celebration of Nursing 2009: A Symposium for Nurses Huntsville AL. August 29, 2009.
- "Nurse staffing and Patient Outcomes in Acute Care Hospitals". Frith, K. & Anderson, F. Catholic Health Initiatives 2008 Nurse Executive Summit. Phoenix, Arizona. Oct. 7 & 8, 2008 (invited speaker).
- "Shared Governance: Model for Professional Practice" October, 2008. Presentation to North Mississippi Medical Center Executive and Nursing Leadership.
- "Shared Governance" - August 23, 2008 - 6 hour workshop presented to Shared Governance Steering Committee at North Mississippi Medical Center, Tupelo, MS.
- "Nurse Manager Retreat" - November 9, 2007 - 4-hour workshop on problem solving and critical thinking presented to nurse managers at North Mississippi Medical Center
- "Staff Nurse Retention; A Framework for Action" - September, 2007 - 4.75 hour workshop sponsored by Mississippi Office of Nursing Workforce
- "Leadership in Complex Adaptive Systems" October, 2006 - Presented at Mississippi Nurses Association annual convention
- "Magnet Recognition Program: Recognizing Excellence in Nursing Service" - January, 2006 - Presented to members of Beta Phi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau.
- "Finding Excellence in the Workplace: Magnet Hospitals" - September, 2005 - Presented to student nurses at Alabama Association of Nursing Students annual convention.
- "Contemporary Nursing Management Models - Magnet Recognition Program" - October 2002 - Presented as continuing education at Mississippi Nurses Association Convention - Biloxi, MS.
- "Staff Nurse Empowerment" - March 2002 - Presented to Sigma Theta Tau and Louisiana Nurses Association local chapter/distinct meeting - Lake Charles, LA.
- "Nursing Shortage: The Good, The Bad, and The Challenge" - June 2001 - Presented at District 5 and 6, Mississippi Nurses Association Continuing Education Day - Biloxi, MS.
- 2008 - UAHuntsville Research Infrastructure Investment Grant "Analysis of Nurse Staffing and Adverse Events in Acute Care Hospitals" - co-investigator with Karen Frith and Fan Tseng ($63,872)-awarded.
- 2007 - US Department of Health and Human Services Grant "Culturally Competent Distance Accessible Post-Master's DNP Program" - submitted jointly with UAB School of Nursing. ($250.000) -Denied .
- 2005 - Dean's Research Award "Measurement of Shared Governance" ($2500) -awarded
- 2005 - Instructional Minigrant - "Development of Web-Based Program of Study for Master of Science in Nursing - Administration Track" ($1800) -awarded
- 1979-1981 - Nurse Training Act Grants-grants awarded yearly for education of Associate Degree Nurses-Amounts varied
- Mississippi Nurses Association Nurse of the Year (1986)
- Mississippi Nurses Association District #6-Administrative Nurse of the Year (1991)
- Named to Who's Who in American Colleges & Universities (2000)
- Tenet Chief Nursing Officer Circle of Excellence Award (2003)