DNP Admission Requirements
Priority Application Deadline: April 15 (fall admission) and November 1 (spring admission).
Nurses who hold the master's degree in nursing in one of the following advanced practice areas may apply: nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist, administration, or midwifery.
If an applicant has a master's degree that is not in an advanced practice area, their program of study will be evaluated for coursework that meets criteria for the DNP. These students may need to enroll in additional coursework to meet the advanced practice component.
Admission into the graduate program is competitive and is based on the strength of the applicants' records. Students applying for fall admission must submit their application package by stated deadlines.
Each student must apply to the School of Graduate Studies as well as apply to the College of Nursing. Please note that admission to the School of Graduate Studies does not imply admission to the College of Nursing. All students must meet the requirements for admission into the School of Graduate Studies. In addition to those requirements, the requirements for admission into the College of Nursing are:
- Hold a master's degree in advanced practice nursing from an accredited institution.
- Complete a UAH Application for Graduate Admission (submit to the Office of Graduate Studies).
- Submit a UAHuntsville Immunization Form.
- Submit official transcripts from all higher education programs attempted.
- Submit completed application for admission to the UAH CON (available here in PDF format MS Word format or from the Office of Graduate Programs).
- Submit Professional Statement as detailed on the final page of the application for admission.
- Submit two satisfactory references from former faculty or professional colleagues (Form in PDF format).
- Submit proof of current/active unencumbered licensure and advanced specialty certification.
- Submit CV/resume.
- Meet health and background clearance requirements (available from the Office of Graduate Programs).
- Interview with DNP faculty member (arranged by the UAH CON).
In addition to the above requirements, international students must demonstrate sufficient ability in English to read, write and speak (a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL).
On Campus Orientation
The DNP on-campus orientation (required for all new incoming students) will be held in August.
- Hits: 11344