BSN for ADN Admission Requirements
For RN's with a diploma or associate degree
Admission to the upper division nursing major for registered nurse students is selective. Each year's class is selected from students who meet minimum requirements:
- Minimum grade of "C" on all required prerequisite coursework.
- Completion of all lower division general studies (prerequisite) course requirements as listed under Baccalaureate Program of Studies, with a minimum of 59-60 hours of credit.
- Graduation from an associate degree nursing program or a diploma program in nursing.
- Status of good academic standing.
An application to the upper division nursing major for registered nurse students must be completed and submitted to the College of Nursing Office of Graduate Programs by April 1. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space available basis. Students who wish to be considered for scholarships should apply prior to December 1.
Registered nurse students must be licensed or eligible for licensure at the time of application. Licensure must be obtained prior to beginning the program. If a student is permitted to meet course clinical requirements in a state other than Alabama, the student must be licensed in that state. Registered nurse students will not be allowed to continue in the program if any nursing license is placed on probation, suspended, or revoked. Licensure must be maintained throughout the program.
Fall Admission - April 1
If Applying for Scholarship - December 1
- Submit the UAHuntsville Application for Admission and be admitted to UAHuntsville as a regular degree-seeking student prior to April 1st.
- Complete and submit the Nursing Application to the Office of Graduate Programs by April 1st.
- All lower division course requirements for the nursing major must be completed with a minimum grade of "C" prior to enrollment in upper division courses.
- Registered nurse students must submit proof of current unrestricted licensure in the state of practice. Recent graduates of associate degree or diploma nursing programs who are not yet licensed may be admitted to complete lower division coursework, but they will not be admitted to the upper division until they are licensed.
All interested students are strongly encouraged to meet with or contact a UAHuntsville College of Nursing advisor when applying to the program.
- Hits: 9403