|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Fax: 256-824-2856|
- B.S. in Chemistry and materials, MS and PhD in Optical Science and Engineering.
- Lens design and modeling with Zemax, optical testing using interferometer, physical optics and polarization.
- 3 years experience in microfabrication techniques, polymer photonic devices fabrication process development and optical devices design.
- Ultracompact arrayed waveguide grating (AWG) design, simulation and fabrication.
- Experienced in high vacuum system, Microfabrication equipments service and maintenance.
- Inductively coupled plasma reactive ion etcher (ICP-RIE) process and recipe development.
- Electron beam lithography (EBL) system setup, auto alignment, e-beam resists and patterning.
- SEM and chemical Analysis by Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectrometry (EDS).
- Fabrication process development for waveguide and photonics devices.
- Measurement system setup and automation with LabView for optical fiber and waveguide device.
- Strong background with B.S. degree in chemistry and photosensitive materials.
- Fiber Bragg grating theory, design, fabrication, test and application.
- Commercial fiber optics components design, fabrication, test, packaging and marketing.
- Application Software: Matlab, BeamProp, Lab View, Zemax, and Lasi7.
- Strong analytical skills. Self-motivated, innovation, fast learner, teamwork and good communication skills.
- PhD, Optical Science and Engineering, University of Alabama in Huntsville. Dec. 2006
- M.S. Applied Optics, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN, May 2001
- B.S. Chemistry in photosensitive Materials, East China University of Science and Technology,
|Feb. 2007 -- Present:||Research scientist,|
|Nano and Micro Devices Center (NMDC), UAH|
- Carry out research in advanced nanotechnology projects.
- Innovative photonic waveguide devices and sensors design, simulation and fabrication.
Aug. 2002 -- Dec. 2006: Optical Science and Engineering program, Physics department, UAH
- Broad knowledge of diverse semiconductor microfabrication techniques such as thin film deposition, photolithography, plasma etching, wet etching, E-beam lithography, and others.
- Working experience in E-Beam Lithography (EBL) system setup and calibration, multi-field auto-alignment with better than 40nm accuracy, field stitch technique and characterization, charging reduction techniques and implemented automated pattern layout for nano patterns in designCAD.
- Developed a polymer waveguide devices fabrication process with EBL and demonstrated the high efficiency single air interface bends in a polymer material system. Demonstrated an ultracompact AWG using air-trench bends.
- Working experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of various microfabricaiton equipment with high vacuum systems. Broad knowledge on the system control and adjustment. Proven ability of cleanroom equipment management.
- Measured bend efficiency of fabricated single air interface bends. Waveguide loss measurements using cut back method.
- Measurement system control and automation with labview and GPIB interface with NI-488.2 communication.
January 2002 -- June 2002: Xiamen San-U Opto-electronic Technology co., Ltd. China
|Internship. Design, fabrication, test, packaging and marketing of commercial fiber optics components, such as coupler & WDM, photo detector and transceiver.|
Aug 1999 -- December 2001: Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN
Wideband Optically Multiplexed Beamformer Architecture Group
- Designed and constructed an intra-cavity second-harmonic Ar+ laser (488 nm) system to fabricate Fiber Bragg Gratings for 1310 nm single-mode fiber.
- Use Excimer laser and setup an experiment to fabricate the FBG.
- Designed and setup an interferometer with variable fringe spacing for fiber exposure at 244 nm.
- Designed and tested 5 Fiber Bragg Gratings ( FBGs ) or the construction of TTD arrays that provide time delays between 2-channels for full steering angular bandwidth.
- Designed and constructed a system to measure the reflectivity and center wavelength of the FBG.
Honor & Activities
- Treasurer, International Student Association, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Vice president, Badminton club, University of Alabama in Huntsville.
Journal publication via peer review
- Yongbin Lin, "Ultracompact Polymer Waveguide Devices for WDM Application," VDM Verlag (May 14, 2008).
- Y. Lin, J. Cardenas, S. Kim, and G. P. Nordin, "Reduced loss through improved fabrication for single air interface bends in polymer waveguides," Optics Express 14(26), pp. 12803-12813 (2006).
- Nazli Rahmanian, Seunghyun Kim, Yongbin Lin, and Gregory P. Nordin, "Air-trench splitters for ultra-compact ring resonators in low refractive index contrast waveguides," Optics Express, Vol. 16, Issue 1, pp. 456-465, Jan. 2008.
- Yongbin Lin, Nazli Rahmanian, Seunghyun Kim, Gregory P. Nordin, Chris Topping, Dennis W. Smith, Jr., and John Ballato, "Ultracompact AWG using air-trench bends with perfluorocyclobutyl polymer waveguides," IEEE Journal of lightwave technology, in press.
- Gregory P. Nordin, Seunghyun Kim, Nazli Rahmanian, and Yongbin Lin, "Compact Photonic Devices in Low Index Contrast Waveguides," in Symposium on Organic Thin Films for Photonic Applications, OSA Technical Digest, (Optical Society of America, Washington DC, 2005), Paper SWB3, (Invited).
- G. R. Wang, J. Guo, Y. Lin, J. Feng, J. Wei, B. S. Krish, S. Sundaram, "Laser-induced fluorescence photobleaching anemometer for flow velocity measurement in microscale fluidic channels," Digest of 2007 IEEE-LEOS Summer Topical Meeting pp. 34-35, 17-19 July 2006, Quebec City, Canada.
- Yongbin Lin, Nazli Rahmanian, Seunghyun Kim, Gregory P. Nordin, "Compact and high efficiency polymer air-trench waveguide bends and splitters," Proceedings of SPIE -- Volume 6462, Jan. 2007.
- Yongbin Lin, N Rahmanian, Seunghyun Kim, G. P. Nordin, "Fabrication of compact polymer waveguide devices using air-trench bends and splitters", IEEESoutheastcon, 2008. pp. 421-426.
- Hits: 464