HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (August 26, 2013) - The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) College of Nursing is hosting the 19th annual North Alabama Nurse Practitioner (NANPA) Clinical Symposium September 27-28 at the Huntsville Marriott.
This year's conference theme is "Nurse Practitioners on the Frontline of Healthcare." The conference registration deadline is Friday, September 13. Last year, more than 400 nurses and medical professionals attended the symposium.
Dr. C. Fay Raines, dean of the UAH College of Nursing, and Beverly Johnson, NANPA president, will welcome symposium attendees.
Friday, August 27 seminars include:
- "Current State of Nurse Practitioner Issues in Alabama," presented by Cindy Cooke
- "SI Joint Disorders," presented by Dr. Cheng Tao
- "Chronic Sinusitis: New Medicines and Procedures," presented by Dr. Neeta Kohli Dang
- "Pediatric Orthopedics," presented by Dr. Michael Lawley
- "Sleep Disorders," presented by Dr. Robert Serio
- "Sports Injuries: What you need to know," presented by Dr. Troy Layton
- "Identifying Warning Signs during Routine Patient Encounters," presented by Wendy Wright
Saturday, August 28 - Pharmacology Boot Camp seminars include:
- "Prostate Cancer Update," presented by Dr. John Waples
- "Top New Medications in Primary Care," presented by Wendy Wright
- "Medical Nutrition," presented by Melanie Rubery
- "Diabetes Management," presented by Dr. Jeremy Stidham
For detailed conference information and registration confirmation, please visit www.northalabamanpa.com. The Huntsville Marriott is located at: 5 Tranquility Base in Huntsville.
For more information, contact:
You may also be interested in: