Wendy L. Wright, MS, RN, APRN, FNP, FAANP. She is an adult and family nurse practitioner and the owner of two nurse practitioner owned and operated clinics within New Hampshire.
The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) College of Nursing is co-hosting the 20th annual North Alabama Nurse Practitioner (NANPA) Clinical Symposium Sept. 26-27 at the Huntsville Marriott.
This year's conference theme is "The Stars of Healthcare." The conference registration deadline is Wednesday, Sept. 10, (to avoid a $50 late fee). Last year, more than 300 nurses and medical professionals attended the annual symposium.
Beverly Johnson, NANPA President, and Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP AANP President Elect, will welcome symposium attendees.
The symposium features many outstanding presenters, including Wendy L. Wright, MS, RN, APRN, FNP, FAANP. She is an adult and family nurse practitioner and the owner of two nurse practitioner owned and operated clinics within New Hampshire. Wright is past president of NPACE and the senior lecturer for Fitzgerald Health Education Associates. In addition, she is an editor for Practice Management - a new e-journal created for nurse practitioners interested in independent practice and practice management.
Friday, Sept. 26 seminars include:
- 7:15 Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 7:45 Welcome / Current State of Nurse Practitioner Issues Beverly Johnson, President NANPA Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP AANP President Elect
- 8:30 "Neurosurgical Assessments" John Johnson, MD, FACS The Spine and Neuro-Center
- 9:30 "STD Update and Treatment" Hanne Harrison, MSN, CRNP, MSPH UAB Division of Infectious Diseases
- 10:30 Break / Exhibits
- 11:00 "Immunization Update" Tim Stewart, MD Pediatric Associates of Huntsville
- 12 Noon Lunch / Exhibits
- 12:30 "Resistant Hypertension: Evaluation, Optimal Therapy and the Promise of Renal Denervation" Andrew P. Miller, MC, FACC, FAHA, FASH Cardiovascular Associates
- 1:30 "The Orthopedic Patient" Troy Layton, MD Sports Med
- 2:30 "Ear, Nose and Throat Update for the Advanced Nurse Practitioner" Neeta Kohli Dang, MD, FRCS Huntsville ENT
- 3:30 Break / Exhibits
- 3:45 "Female Sports Injuries" Stanton Davis, MD The Orthopedic Center
- 4:45 "Drug Update" Wendy Wright, MS, RN, ARNP, FAANP
Saturday, Sept. 27 seminars include:
- 8:00 "Spectrum of Hypothyroidism" Bruce Trippe, MD, FACE Endocrinology Associates
- 9:00 "Laboratory Interpretation" Wendy Wright, MS, RN, ARNP, FAANP
- 10:00 Break
- 10:15 "Difficult Decisions in Carotid Stenosis" J. Bradley Cavendar, MD, FACC, FSCAI Cardiovascular Associates
- 11:15 "Initiating Insulin in the Patient with Type Two Diabetes Mellitus" Jeremy Stidham, MD Cullman Internal Medicine
- 8:00 "A Community-based Approach to Emergency Care of Children and Their Families" Mark Sapp, MD Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children
- 9:00 "Obstructive Sleep Apnea" Mamoun Najjar, MD Sleep and Pulmonary Care Center, P.C.
- 10:00 Break
- 10:15 "Osteoporosis Treatment Options" Benjamin Rogers, MD Cullman Internal Medicine
- 11:15 "Contraceptives Update" Dianna Dowdy, DNP, CNM
For additional conference information and registration confirmation, please visit www.northalabamanpa.com. The Huntsville Marriott is located at: 5 Tranquility Base in Huntsville.