HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (April 30, 2014) – The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) is enacting several changes for the 2014-15 academic year designed to facilitate timely degree completion. Included among them are the following:
- AP scores in more subjects will be accepted. UAH has revised its AP credit award criteria and will now accept more AP scores beginning with the fall 2014 semester. Learn more about UAH's Advanced Placement Program here.
- Credit hour limit for Merit Tuition Scholarships will increase. UAH has increased the credit hour limit from 16 to 18 hours per semester for its Merit Tuition Scholarship awards. Learn more about UAH's Merit Tuition Scholarships here.
- Later high school transcripts will be accepted. UAH will now re-evaluate high school GPA for admission and scholarships based on the most recent transcript sent. Learn more about UAH's admissions requirements here.
- Block tuition will replace per-credit-hour tuition. UAH is in the process of transitioning to a block tuition structure, which will allow full-time students to pay a flat rate per semester for up to 18 credit hours instead of paying by the credit hour. Learn more about UAH's transition to block tuition here and view its impact for 2014-15 in this tuition table.
- Summer semester classes will be available at the fall semester rate. UAH has created a Freshman Summer School Incentive Program, which will enable all first-time, full-time admitted students to take classes this summer and include them with the fall semester when computing tuition for the summer and fall. This may result in a tuition refund in the fall. Learn more about this summer program by contacting the Office of Admissions at 256.824.2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a UAH Merit Tuition Scholarship recipient, you may use a portion of your 2014-15 scholarship for these summer courses. For more information, please visit the UAH Financial Aid website.
For more information, contact: