Changes to Alabama Teacher Testing Program
CHANGES TO ALABAMA TEACHER TESTING PROGRAM
NEW NAME: Formerly called the Alabama Prospective Teacher Testing program (APTTP). Beginning Sept. 1, 2012 it will be called the Alabama Educator Certification Testing Program (AECTP). A new URL is coming to the Alabama State Department website.
BASIC SKILLS ASSESSMENTS
- vPassing score for some subtests have beenChanges effective Sept 1, 2012.
- ØReading for Information - passing score raised from Level 4 to Level 5
- ØApplied Mathematics - passing score remains the same - Level 4
- ØWriting - a new writing assessment has been developed - passing score - Level 3
ü Students who have already taken the old writing assessment may use that assessment score for a period of 5 years.
- 1.Basic Skills Assessment will be required for admissioninto the Teacher Education Program beginning September 1, 2013.
PRAXIS II REQUIREMENTS
- vNew Cut Score:
- ØTest # 0300Reading Specialist test has undergone a review and standard setting. The new cut score will be 157. Effective September 1, 2012.
- vChanges to Existing Test:
- ØTest # 0014Elementary Education Content Knowledge test is being revised. Currently students receive an overall score showing student met the cut score.
- ØTest # 0031 - Elementary Education Multiple Subjects Test: New test will require students to pass each subtest for Reading/Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science. First time test takers will receive a pass/not pass score. If students do not meet the cut scores of an individual subtest: Reading/Language Arts - 165; Mathematics - 157; Social Studies - 143; Science - 144, students will be able to retake just that subtest. Effective for anyone applying for a teaching certificate after September 1, 2013.
- vNew tests have been added for Elementary and Collaborative teacher candidates applying for certification after September 1,Affects fall 2012 student teachers
- ØTest # 0204 (5204) - Teaching Reading
- ØTest # 0354 (5354)- Special Education: Core Knowledge Application
- vAdditional Praxis Ii tests will be required for anyone applying for a teaching certificate after September 1, 2013. Affects all students enrolled in Block 1 Fall 2012.
- ØTest # 0622- Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) K-6 - for all elementary education candidates
- ØTest # 0624- Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) 7-12 - for all secondary certification candidates
- Hits: 9582