Cohorts begin every Summer (end of May) and Fall (August).
- 33 hours
- 1.5 years to complete (approx. 5 semesters)
- Combination of some fully online courses and hybrid courses (with short face-to-face class meetings)
- Tuition scholarships
What Makes This Program Unique?
The University of Alabama in Huntsville Master of Education program prepares you to serve all students! The focused program on Differentiated Instruction will equip a teacher to meet the needs of diverse students, including students with disabilities. As students, you will learn:
- cultural factors influencing schools and classrooms;
- effective management of learning environments;
- innovative approaches to assessment and instruction;
- methods for collaborating with parents, educators, and community members;
- research-based strategies for teaching students from diverse backgrounds based upon their unique needs;
- how to conduct and use action research within your own classroom to support student learning.
The University of Alabama in Huntsville program also provides a unique experience for general education educators to learn side-by-side with special education educators in a core set of classes before moving to specific concentrations based upon your interest.
Based on your interests and needs, you may focus your coursework in the following concentrations: