Getting Started For New Students
This section is designed to bring together IT related information and resources for new students at UAHuntsville. We want to hear your ideas and suggestions of what should be on this page. Please email us with your feedback.
1. Get to know the UAHuntsville Technology Policies
- UAH Computer Use Policy (For using computer on campus)
- UAH Email Policy (All new students will be provided with a UAH email address)
- UAH ResNet Policy (For students who will be using the Internet in the Residential Buildings on campus or using wireless)
2. Learn about your Campus IDs
You will use your Banner ID to log into this account. Students use Banner (Self-Service).
Google Applications for Education is used for your official UAH email account. UAH students are provided with a gmail account and also have access to other useful applications, such as Calendar and Documents. You will log in to Google Apps using your Charger ID at google.uah.edu or using you official email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) at google.com.
-Find out about your Official UAH Email Address.
-Find out how to configure an account forward.
-Visit the UAH Google Apps Learning Center.
Angel is a tool used by many professor to administer quizzes, assign homework, and communicate with students. To log into ANGEL, you will use your Charger ID.
ChargerNet is a portal site that contains links to helpful information, as well as direct links to all your UAH accounts. Once you have signed into ChargerNet (using your Charger ID), you will have access to Banner and Angel.
4. Password Management
This tool allows you to change your Charger ID password and manage your Google Apps account.
This page will explain how to manage your Banner ID account.
5. Will you be purchasing a new computer?
6. Anti-Virus Software
Students who will be using a computer or laptop from home should download the latest anti-virus software. This will be required to access Internet on the UAH campus.
- TAG provides free anti-virus software through McAfee. Find out more.
- Download the latest version of McAfee.
Students who will be living on campus will be able to access the Internet with a ResNet connection.
- View a Quick Start Guide for ResNet Internet Connections
- View Frequently Asked Questions about ResNet
- How to log into UAH Wireless
- Wireless Quick Start Guides are available for all operating systems.
- You will need to get the passkey for wireless access. Use your Charger ID to log in and view the passkeys.
9. Help Desk
The TAG Help Desk provides technical assistance for the UAHuntsville community.
- Hits: 3376