Getting Started For New Faculty
This section is designed to bring together IT related information and resources for faculty at UAHuntsville. We want to hear your ideas and suggestions of what should be on this page. Please email us with your feedback.
1. Get to know the UAHuntsville Technology Policies
- UAH Computer Use Policy (For using computers on campus)
- UAH Email Policy (All new faculty will be provided with a UAH email address)
2. Learn about your Campus IDs
You will use your Banner ID to log into this account.
-Complete FERPA Training (This is required for all faculty.)
Google Applications for Education is used for your official UAH email account. UAH faculty are provided with a gmail account, and also have access to other useful applications, such as Calendar and Documents. You will log in to Google Apps by using your Charger ID at google.uah.edu or by using your official email address (email@example.com) at google.com.
-Find out about your Official UAH Email Address
-Visit the UAH Google Apps Learning Center
ChargerNet is a portal site that contains links to helpful UAHuntsville information, as well as direct links to Banner (Self Service) and ANGEL. Once you have singed into ChargerNet (using your Charger ID), you can access Banner (Self-Service) and ANGEL without logging onto each application.
4. Password Management
This tool allows you to change your Charger ID password and manage your Google Apps account.
This page will explain how to manage your Banner ID account.
5. Anti-Virus Software
Up-to-date anti-virus software is required to access Internet on the UAH campus.
- TAG provides free anti-virus software through McAfee. Find out more.
- Faculty computers are kept up to date automatically with EPO Agent.
- How to Log-in to UAH Wireless
- Wireless Quick Start Guides are available for all operating systems.
- You will need to get the passkey for wireless access. Use your Charger ID to log in and view the passkeys.
7. Faculty Resource Center
The FRC provides technical support for faculty members.
- Learn about available resources, location, and hours
- Access Online Video Tutorials and Free Software
- Sign up for a training course
Make use of the podcasting capabilities provided by the Academic Technologies department.
9. Classroom AV
- Watch this video to learn more about using classroom projectors at UAH.
10. Help Desk
The TAG Help Desk provides technical assistance for the UAHuntsville community.
- Hits: 1599