Honors Hot Topics
The Honors College sponsors Honors Hot Topics, where some interested moderator (not necessarily faculty or staff) agrees to meet with a handful of other interested people (not necessarily students) to discuss some topic of interest. Note the following:
- Each Hot Topic is a one-time event.
- The moderator may recommend readings or other optional advance preparation.
- Time and place are announced about ten days in advance.
- Attendance is usually limited to about 20, to ensure plenty of room for discussion.
- There are no grades, assignments or required homework.
- Anyone may attend.
The Honors Office will advertise the event on its web site and in Honors classes, but the Hot Topics are open to everyone in the campus community.