Recommended Campus Activities for February
You can always find new campus events offered by clubs, departments, and student offices by checking the Student Events Calendar.
Recommended Activities for February:
1. Head to the CU Theater for a FREE movie every Friday night at 7:30pm as part of the "Friday Night Flicks" series. There will be a repeat showing every Sunday at 3pm.
- Feb. 7 movie - The Butler
- Feb. 14 movie - About Time
- Feb. 21 movie - Thor 2
- Feb. 28 movie - Frozen
2. Brian Edmonds Art Exhibit: Sea Change. Mon. Feb. 3, 9am - Tues. Mar. 4, 5pm in the Salmon Library Gallery
3. Free beginner Swing lessons every Tuesday from 6:30-7:30pm in UFC Room B. (Feb. 4, 11, and 18)
4. Transfer Success Series: Managing Your Time & Getting Involved. Tues. Feb. 11, 3-4pm in CU 229.
5. Valentine's Salsa Social. Fri. Feb. 14, 7pm-12am in the UC Exhibit Hall. Instructor Erick Ordoñez will teach a basic Salsa lesson from 7-8pm, followed by a DJ playing Salsa, Bachata, and Merengue music until midnight. $5 per person and $8 per couple.
6. Archaeological Institute of America: Dr. Mark Aldenderfer presents "Four-Thousand Years of Andean Gold". Mon. Feb. 17, 7:30-8:30pm.
7. Stella's Voice. Focus group for the issues of human trafficking and local and worldwide orphans. Feb. 18, 7-8pm in CU 227.
8. Medieval Dance Practice. Instruction in historical dances, as practiced during the Middle Ages. Wed. Feb. 19, 7-9pm in the UC Exhibit Hall. Contact email@example.com for more details.
9. "Using Social Media in Advertising" with Alumni Guest Speaker, Libby Webb. She will discuss the necessary skills for effective marketing through social media today. Fri. Feb. 21, 2-3pm in WH 205.
10. Transfer Success Series: Money Matter - Financial Fitness. Tues. Feb. 25, 3-4pm in CU 229.
11. Intramural Registration for Spring Sports is open until Feb. 21. Sign up to play soccer and sandpit volleyball. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out these on-campus opportunities to support the Chargers!
1. Women's Basketball vs. Valdosta State - Sat. Feb. 8 at 3pm in Spragins Hall
2. Men's Basketball vs. Valdosta State - Sat. Feb. 8 at 5pm in Spragins Hall
3. Baseball vs. LeMoyne-Owen - Tues. Feb. 11, 1-4pm at Charger Park
4. Softball vs. Tuskegee - Tues. Feb. 11, 2-5pm at Charget Park
5. Women's Basketball vs. Shorter - Thurs. Feb. 13, 5:30-8:30pm in Spragins Hall
6. Men's Basketball vs. Shorter - Thurs. Feb. 13, 7:30-10:30pm in Spragins Hall
7. Baseball vs. Miles - Tues. Feb. 18, 1-4pm at Charger Park
8. Baseball vs. Lee - Sat. Feb. 22, 2-5pm at Charger Park
9. Softball vs. Lee - Sat. Feb. 22, 2-5pm at Charger Park
10. Baseball vs. Lee - Sun. Feb. 23, 1-4pm at Charger Park
11. Softball vs. Lee - Sun. Feb. 23, 1-4pm at Charger Park
12. Softball vs. Stillman - Wed. Feb. 26, 2-5pm at Charger Park
13. Women's Basketball vs. Union - Thurs. Feb. 27, 5:30-8:30pm in Spragins Hall
14. Men's Basketball vs. Union - Thurs. Feb. 27, 7:30-10:30pm in Spragins Hall
- Hits: 279