The purpose of FWS is to provide students with part-time employment to help meet college costs and, if possible, provide work experience in a related field. FWS is federally funded and need-based. Your eligibility is determined from information you provide on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal FAFSA. To be eligible, you must show need on your federal need analysis report. The number of hours you may work will depend upon your financial need. A variety of FWS positions are available. Virtually every college and department uses FWS in some capacity.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident;
- Show need on your FAFSA or Renewal Application need analysis report
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Be enrolled at least half-time as an undergraduate or graduate student; and
- Not have defaulted on or owe a refund to any aid program.