ePAF - Electronic Personnel Action Forms
Click on the link below:
2014 Summer PAF Dates
Listed below are the payroll dates and payment schedules for the 2014 summer teaching sessions. Please use these dates on all summer 2014 PAFs.
6 payments- 05/23, 06/06, 6/20
07/03, 07/18, 08/01
1st Mini Session
3 payments- 05/23, 06/06, 06/20
2nd Mini Session
3 payments- 07/03, 07/18, 08/01
Unless the contract ends prior to 08/12/14, dates for faculty on research contracts and GTA/GRA’s are 04/30/14-08/12/14. The beginning payroll date for fall 2014 is 08/13/14.
Please remember the following:
- Use the COMMENT area to annotate any special instructions.
- We must have the offer letters for the part-time lecturers and graduate students before we approve the ePAF.
- Here is the link for new lecturers and graduates: http://www.uah.edu/hr/onboarding/other-employees.
- Make sure the regular rate and special rate matches.
- For student workers, please send HR the Offer letter, Student Employment Application, Job Description and the Drug Policy.
- Please review the student handbook and link: http://www.uah.edu/ssc/programs/career-development/employers/on-campus-employers.
- Please review ePAF link for addition information: http://www.uah.edu/hr/information-systems/epaf.
- Also, please verify and acknowledge all ePAFs.
- Please do not Cancel ePAFs, please email Vonda.Maclin@uah.edu.
- The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) revised the Employment Eligibility Verification Form, commonly referred to as the I-9. In addition to revising the form, USCIS also requires that, effective May 7, 2013, all new employees must complete Section 1 of the form no later than their first day of employment. For failing to comply with Form I-9 requirements we are subject to penalties for each form. We have 3 days to complete the form and E-Verify the employee as well as enter them on the Alabama New Hire Report.
- The electronic Personnel Action Form (ePAF) is designed to process personnel actions for employees electronically using Banner Self Service.
- The design of the ePAF is based on the current routing of the blue paper-copy ePAF. The ePAF system allows departments to create and route ePAFs electronically.
- The Originator completes the ePAF and initiates routing through predefined approval/routing queue. Once the form passes through the defined approval queue the data on the ePAF is applied to the Banner database.
Types of ePAF Users:
- Originators – initiate/create ePAF transaction.
- Approvers – process ePAF to approve, acknowledge, and return to Originator for corrections.
- Human Resources – will apply the transaction to the database.
- Personnel actions are processed in a timely manner which reduces the hiring paperwork process to approximately one day.
- Electronic approval routing...
- User friendly environment through Banner Self Service.
- Reduces redundant and data entry errors.
- No more Blue paper-copy PAFs......no more blue PAFs....
Instructions and Sample ePAFs
- Merit Increase - J
- Summer Faculty
- Calculating Stipend Amount
- Reappointment Sample
- Termination Sample
- Appointment Sample
- Creating a Proxy
- View ePAFs as a Proxy
Additional information will be posted on our website in the coming weeks. This site will be our official communication method for ePAF information.
- As a reminder ePAF access will only be granted at the completion of the required training.
- Users should complete the ePAF Department ePAF Department Approval Queue (DAQ) – Request for Access and the required ePAF Training before gaining access to the ePAF system.
- If you are interested in receiving ePAF Training, please complete and return the DAQ form to (SKH102, HR-HRIS); and contact Vonda.Maclin@uah.edu, 256-824-2282.
Users must complete the ePAF Department Approval Queue (DAQ) – Request for Access and complete the required ePAF Training before gaining access to the ePAF system. If you are interested in receiving ePAF Training, please complete and return the DAQ form to (SKH 102, HR-HRIS) and contact HR for the next scheduled training class.
The following ePAF training material will be available during the ePAF training class:
Training Instructions and Information
- Originator's Instructions
- Approver 's Instructions
- Effective Dates and Deadlines
- ePAF Process Flowchart
- Request for Access –ePAF System
- Sample ePAF – Reappointments & Terminations
- Hits: 2236