The deadline for processing ePAFs will be Wednesday by 12:00 pm (NOON). All ePAFs received after deadline will be processed during the next payroll period. Please note that late ePAFs can cause a nonpayment for the employees and re-submission of the ePAF. (ePAFs must be approved by your department approver(s)/proxy; and all supporting documents must be in our office by the deadline.)
| Semester, Dates and Deadline
||# of Days
|Reappointment/Merit Increases 10/01/2014 September 24, 2014
|Spring 2015 01/01/15 – 04/28/15 December 10, 2014
Click on the link below:
Change in ePAF Process for Part-Time Lecturers
- The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) revised the Employment Eligibility Verification Form, commonly referred to as the I-9. In addition to revising the form, USCIS also requires that, effective May 7, 2013, all new employees must complete Section 1 of the form no later than their first day of employment. For failing to comply with Form I-9 requirements we are subject to penalties for each form. We have 3 days to complete the form and E-Verify the employee as well as enter them on the Alabama New Hire Report.
- The electronic Personnel Action Form (ePAF) is designed to process personnel actions for employees electronically using Banner Self Service.
- The design of the ePAF is based on the current routing of the blue paper-copy ePAF. The ePAF system allows departments to create and route ePAFs electronically.
- The Originator completes the ePAF and initiates routing through predefined approval/routing queue. Once the form passes through the defined approval queue the data on the ePAF is applied to the Banner database.
Types of ePAF Users:
- Originators – initiate/create ePAF transaction.
- Approvers – process ePAF to approve, acknowledge, and return to Originator for corrections.
- Human Resources – will apply the transaction to the database.
- Personnel actions are processed in a timely manner which reduces the hiring paperwork process to approximately one day.
- Electronic approval routing...
- User friendly environment through Banner Self Service.
- Reduces redundant and data entry errors.
- No more Blue paper-copy PAFs......no more blue PAFs....
Instructions and Sample ePAFs
Additional information will be posted on our website in the coming weeks. This site will be our official communication method for ePAF information.
- As a reminder ePAF access will only be granted at the completion of the required training.
- Users should complete the ePAF Department ePAF Department Approval Queue (DAQ) – Request for Access and the required ePAF Training before gaining access to the ePAF system.
- If you are interested in receiving ePAF Training, please complete and return the DAQ form to (SKH102, HR-HRIS); and contact Vonda.Maclin@uah.edu, 256-824-2282.
Users must complete the ePAF Department Approval Queue (DAQ) – Request for Access and complete the required ePAF Training before gaining access to the ePAF system. If you are interested in receiving ePAF Training, please complete and return the DAQ form to (SKH 102, HR-HRIS) and contact HR for the next scheduled training class.
The following ePAF training material will be available during the ePAF training class:
Training Instructions and Information
- Originator's Instructions
- Approver 's Instructions
- Effective Dates and Deadlines
- ePAF Process Flowchart
- Request for Access –ePAF System
- Sample ePAF – Reappointments & Terminations