Central Campus (CCRH) and Frank Franz (FFH) are home to theme communities, where first-year students can live with peers who share their major or academic interests and take part in special programming related to those interests. The following theme communities are available:
Engineering: This community provides first-year students interested or majoring in engineering with a collaborative, positive environment in which to learn more about themselves and the engineering profession. This community is currently working out plans with MindGear Labs for some off-campus events.
- Sample programs include: Egg Drop Contest and Cardboard Arcade
Leadership Education & Advising Program (LEAP): This community promotes leadership opportunities for first-year students of all majors through peer mentoring, academic support programs and career counseling. For more information about the LEAP Community, click here. To register for LEAP click here.
- Sample programs include: Resume Building, Destination Unknown, and What Would You Do for a Klondike Bar: Interview Series
Honors: This community is the oldest theme community at UAH. Open to all Honors students, first-year residents in this community will enjoy specialized classes, connect with upperclassmen mentors, and form study groups with peers who share their academic interests and goals. For more information about the Honors Community, click here.
- Sample programs include: Bridge Building Contest, Movie Night, and Zombie Rave
Health Professions: This community supports residents interested in a career in a healthcare-related profession and provides opportunities to engage with health professionals in their field.
- Sample programs include: Skin Care Awareness, Beginner Yoga, and Prettier in Pink (breast cancer awareness)
Health and Wellness: This is UAH's newest theme community and is open to all residents interested in learning how to maintain a healthy living style. This community is paired with the Health and Physical Education Department.
- Sample programs include: Holistic Living, Outdoor Recreation, and Nutrition
General Interest: This community is for first-year students who want to experience everything UAH has to offer. Residents' interests will determine the overall direction of programming.
- Sample programs include: Diversity Forum, Iron Chef Ramen, and Flap-Jacks and Life Hacks
Interested in living in one of these communities, be sure to check the desired one on your residence hall application!
- Hits: 767