Residence Hall Trial Period
Purpose: Many local students (those within a 30 mile radius of campus) have difficulty making a decision as to whether to live on campus, at home, or in local apartments. The University now provides our local students the opportunity to experience on-campus living and all its advantages for a risk-free, six-week trial period, after which students may elect to remain in University housing or to move out with no further obligations.
This new program allows students to experience the advantages of on-campus life, including participation in the first six weeks programming initiative conducted jointly by University Housing and the Dean of Students. This program assists resident students to make the college transition by equipping them with tools to achieve academic success, introducing them to the many support services available at the University, and promoting and encouraging their social engagement and campus participation.
• Complete and submit a Six Week Trial Period Housing Application with $25 application fee.
• Space permitting, trial period residents may apply for and will be assigned to the theme community of their choice within the 1st year student buildings. Trial period residents that do not select a theme community will be assigned to the Central Campus Residence Hall.
• A six-week contract will be required for this trial period.
• At the conclusion of the six- week trial period, a resident may elect to remain in University Housing, or may vacate their assigned space without penalty or further financial obligations for housing. Upon check out, students will be financially responsible for any damages to their leased space.
• Applications will be accepted until the first day of classes for Fall semester 2013. Classes begin Wednesday, August 21st.
• The Fall 2013 move-in date is Friday, August 16th, beginning at 9:00 am.
• Rent for the six-week period will be $930 and is due on the 1st day of classes, Wednesday, August 21st. The rental charge includes all utilities, cable TV, internet access, phone, and 24-hour security.
• Formal notice of continuation or termination of the housing contract must be provided to University Housing on or before Friday, September 20th.
• Residents opting to move out must vacate their assigned space on or before Sunday, September 29th at 5:00 pm. Failure to do so will result in the assessment of additional rent charges prorated on a weekly basis.
• Residents opting to remain in University Housing will sign an academic year contract. The remainder of the fall semester rent will be posted to the student’s account and must be paid prior to the spring semester class registration period.
- Hits: 2437