Honors Mentor Program
Interested in being an Honors Mentor? Fill out this form!
The Honors Mentor Program is an ever-changing, ever-evolving aspect of the University Honors Program. The mission of the Honors Mentoring Program is to assist the needs of incoming Honors students, both academically and socially, by providing guidance, confidence and a welcoming community feel during their transition to the Honors Program community and the UAHuntsville campus.
Honors mentors will help their freshmen mentee "families" acclimate to college life and become familiar with the Honors Program. Mentors will play an important part in introducing new Honors students to Honors life on campus and getting them involved. Honors mentors will show mentees around campus, introduce them to other Honors students, answer questions about the Honors Program, participate in special activities and share their experiences since coming to UAHuntsville.
We in the Honors Program feel that having a mentor will help Honors Freshmen better adjust to their first year of college and better understand what the Honors Program is about. After all, it’s about excellence!
Benefits for Freshmen:
1. Give freshmen a chance to develop a relationship with an experienced upper class Honors student who shares their major/minor
2. Builds confidence and eases the transition from high school to college life
3. Great opportunity to get involved with the Honors Program and the UAHuntsville community
4. Offers a number of social and educational events to participate in
Benefits for Mentors:
1. Great leadership experience!
2. Great way to get involved with the Honors Program and the UAHuntsville community
3. Chance to earn Honors credit through the Honors Leadership Practicum (HON 200)
4. Opportunity to pass on your knowledge and experience gained in the Honors Program
- Hits: 590