Apply to be an Honors Program Ambassador
The Honors Program is excited to begin another great year! Last year, the Honors Ambassadors became a vital part of the Honors community and we're currently looking for outstanding Honors student leaders who are willing to represent and promote the program. Honors Ambassadors play an important role in the Honors community and in the recruitment of promising new Honors students. We are looking for at least one Honors ambassador from each college who will help represent the Honors Program to prospective students, parents, and others. Honors Ambassadors will be asked to attend events such as Honors Recruitment Day, UAH Open Houses, Honors student activities and Freshmen Orientations. There may be a small stipend associated with working summer Freshmen orientation sessions. Honors Ambassadors, along with Honors Program Student Council officers, will be given priority to attend Honors leadership conferences.
The application form can be found here. The application deadline is August 29, 2013. Interviews will be held on September 4.
- Accepted to the Honors Program
- GPA of 3.25 or better
- Knowledgeable of the Honors Program (requirements, curriculum, and student events)
- Possess great communication skills
- Comfortable in large groups and around new people
- Complete Honors Ambassador application on Honors website
- Brief interview with Honors Director, Coordinator and member of the University Honors Council
For more information, contact the Honors Office at 256-824-6450, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Morton Hall 336.